Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-03-2005, 05:18 PM   #21
Yobor
Hero Gamer

DUDE! Why do you have 400 troops? At most I will have two skyrangers total. Never more. All of my troops are super-elite and have the best equipment. I NEVER lose a guy on any mission (Save and load, but still.....)
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 22-03-2005, 05:30 PM   #22
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Yobor@Mar 22 2005, 07:18 PM
DUDE! Why do you have 400 troops? At most I will have two skyrangers total. Never more. All of my troops are super-elite and have the best equipment. I NEVER lose a guy on any mission (Save and load, but still.....)
TWO THINGS: 1) if you didnt saw it this is ufo CHALLENGE so the best tech you will get is a autocannon,rocket launchers and standard armor(yeah that one that have max 10 front armor...) And try fight mutons,chrysalids or etherals with this without losses.I have 400 troops becouse when my crew get decimated I dont have to wait,just load new cannon fodder and go to next mission (It is quite stupid when there are flying around 3 very large Ufos landing, and beginning terror sites and you cant get to next mission becouse you have 4 survivors from your last mission and two of them are wounded...) Btw 400 soldiers have nice side-effect my I have aproximetly 8-10 advancment of soldiers till mission(even soldiers in base advance :twisted:
2) It was suggested before in Ufo EU threat that you can easily beat the game when you have 10 save slots:2 for geospace and one for each turn in mission.I think that that is cheating and I use TWO saves in whole game.One in geospace when (usually before I quit playing) and one in beginning of tactical mission.(I admit I must restart some missions 4-5 times sometimes )
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 22-03-2005, 05:32 PM   #23
Yobor
Hero Gamer

Wait why can't we use lasers? I have read all through this thread and it was never decided whether ot not we could use lasers......
Old 22-03-2005, 05:36 PM   #24
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Titan@Mar 16 2005, 03:15 PM
More of a "can you do it".... i think...

HARD: Anything you can't buy, is not for use
Medium: Lasers, medi-kit and motion-tracker.. well.. ok
Easy: As long as you don't use blasters and PSI...
You can.But I play on "hard" so I dont use anything that I cant buy.Btw I know it is a little avoiding of rules but I use hyperwave decoders and psi labs,becouse technically if you building them you "buy" them.... :bleh: :evil:
(Btw I dont think that "normal" would be as easy as you think becouse you cant use better armors but at least you can kill mutons with less then five hits )
Old 22-03-2005, 07:12 PM   #25
Yobor
Hero Gamer

Oh oh my bad. Srry.

This challenge seems very hard. Have you actually done it?
Old 22-03-2005, 07:46 PM   #26
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

I dunno... I CAN build one Avenger(but use it only for Cydonia...) so the game IS beatable(actually I have some doubts if you can actually go onto cydonia without power suits.Damn it is on Mars!!! :eeeeeh: )
But as far as I got till now(see on posts before) it is playable.But quite difficult.(and quite fun.I always played with one super-elite team with flying suits and dead of one troop would mean reload.But now?4 troops killed?Dont bothers me.... :evil: :whistle: )
Old 23-03-2005, 02:40 AM   #27
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

I used an old savegame right before i went to Mars.

I stuffed the skyranger with one tank and the rest rookies, armed them with standard rifels and nades...

I'll tell you ONE thing... It's DAMN FREAKING HARD!
It ended up with that i had blast my way to the target-pyramid and get the troops inside to get to the next level... clearing the level was just too damn risky, and it always eded up with a blaster taking down 4-5 ppl, 4 more panicing after that, and a few more MC'ed and killing theire own...
The trick is to get in range, and blast any pyramis tower with nades, and the turn after, place a proxy at any exit from the pyramid.
If the alien was on the lower part, they are bound to peek out and get a look, but instead they get blown up...

The cyber-discs where hard.. but a nade and a proxy took care of them in most cases..

Level 2.. well... haven't managed it yet.. but laser or Auto-cannons WOULD have been good.
Old 23-03-2005, 03:49 AM   #28
xcom freak
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Titan@Mar 23 2005, 03:40 AM

I stuffed the skyranger with one tank and the rest rookies, armed them with standard rifels and nades...

It ended up with that i had blast my way to the target-pyramid and get the troops inside to get to the next level... clearing the level was just too damn risky, and it always eded up with a blaster taking down 4-5 ppl, 4 more panicing after that, and a few more MC'ed and killing theire own...
The trick is to get in range, and blast any pyramis tower with nades, and the turn after, place a proxy at any exit from the pyramid.
If the alien was on the lower part, they are bound to peek out and get a look, but instead they get blown up...

The cyber-discs where hard.. but a nade and a proxy took care of them in most cases..

Level 2.. well... haven't managed it yet.. but laser or Auto-cannons WOULD have been good.
Its ALWAYS doable..... just save and load really frequently....The real challenge is to finish it straight on without loading and if u did then RESPECT!!
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 23-03-2005, 10:17 AM   #29
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Quote:
Originally posted by xcom freak@Mar 23 2005, 05:49 AM
Its ALWAYS doable..... just save and load really frequently....The real challenge is to finish it straight on without loading and if u did then RESPECT!!
When i play, i do it in one piece. no save/load every round.. just at the start.
The other way IS cheating imho.

:bannana:
Old 23-03-2005, 12:16 PM   #30
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Titan@Mar 23 2005, 04:40 AM

You can USE autocannons :blink: .
It is an item you can buy.I am always equiped with autocannoc(plus rocket launcher with big rockets in other hand for some of my troops).Autocannon kill cyberdisc or chrysalidis with 3-5 shots(it matters where you hit them).Big rocket can kill them with one shot...
Btw good side-effect(well,or bad it matters) of using human tech against armored aliens that (especially heavy cannon,althought I dunno why...) it stun them often.I once stunned about 4 snakemans with autocannons(actually I just shot them normally,and they falled....)