Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old News
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 10:15 PM   #61
Javasmom
Lurker

I love Abandonia because as a late-blooming (found you at 50) adventure gamer I am discovering what I've been missing all these years!

Oh yeah, and I have one advantage over a huge percentage of your other fans: I'm playing them for the VERY FIRST TIME!
Javasmom is offline                         Send a private message to Javasmom
Old 02-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #62
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

In Abandonia I can find many of my old favourite games but also some titles I had never heard of. And they come with excellent reviews, extras and a friendly community that can help if I ever have any problems with the games.
zirkoni is offline                         Send a private message to zirkoni
Old 03-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #63
eXtinct

Whether you’re zapping slugs in Commander Keen, discovering the magical world of Kyrandia or pimpin’ your pixels in Leisure Suit Larry, you’re experiencing a timeless classic. Abandonia is the key that opens the door into the world of childhood memories allowing you to relive them or experience them for the first time.

Last edited by eXtinct; 03-07-2011 at 07:33 PM.
eXtinct is offline                         Send a private message to eXtinct
Old 03-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #64
Allerbmu
Lurker

Abandonware has always been a "grey area" when it comes to legality but without a place like Abandonia, older PC games would die off and be forgotten. Video games are timeless and always entertaining as well as added nostalgia and Abandonia will keep their memories intact by allowing us to download and play these gems from times gone by.
Allerbmu is offline                         Send a private message to Allerbmu
Old 04-07-2011, 07:42 AM   #65
ttarp

It's great to have a website devoted to the classic games, back when graphics alone didn't sell the game, but it had to be creative and challenging. Abandonia has given me a second chance at those games I just couldn't beat growing up. From Wing Commander and Quest for Glory to Tyrian2000 and Colonization, thank you guys for bringing these games back.
ttarp is offline                         Send a private message to ttarp
Old 04-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #66
marco101
Lurker

It's hard to explain in 50 words, but really its the way abandonia makes me feel, like i've swallowed a rainbow. I dont even care about the prize, just keep it and reward yourselves because abandonia is reward enough for me.
marco101 is offline                         Send a private message to marco101
Old 04-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #67
tolkiens legacy
Lurker

Default competition entry

hello, i've been an abandonia user from 2006. since i forgot my old account details i created a new one so i can enter the competition. anyways heres my entry, hope you like it and happy birthday abandonia!!!

When i was a little stinker, I used to spend my time, watching in awe, as my bro was playing games like: , sid meyer's , and many other computer gems. But now, thanks to abandonia, i have the same feeling of awe playing those games myself.
tolkiens legacy is offline                         Send a private message to tolkiens legacy
Old 04-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #68
LionXavier

Post Abandonia, our hope

Today's prospect is so hollow...
current games produce distress:
just a big arrow to follow,
push win-button to success.

We, true gamers were so lost
but here's the solution, at last!
our future is in the past,
with quality at no cost.

If present games make you mope,
they are worse than you can cope,
do not be a NextGen slave:
Abandonia is your hope,
the best true-gaming enclave.

Last edited by LionXavier; 05-07-2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: typo
LionXavier is offline                         Send a private message to LionXavier
Old 05-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #69
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Aaaaaaaaand that's all folks! Judging will begin shortly, stay tuned and check the front page for the announcement of the winner in the next few days
Old 13-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #70
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

And the results are in:

CONGRATULATIONS megkrichards! We will be in touch shortly to organize your prizes

Congratulations are in order too for Kalrak, you have won yourself our consolation prize of any $5.99 game of your choosing on GoG. Again, we will be in touch shortly to get this to you.

Thank you to every single one of you who participated, it was a pleasure to read each one of your entries.