Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-10-2007, 01:40 PM   #81
Giznawz

I remember playing this game about 5 years ago using a cheat where you could navigate to any screen in the game simply by typing in the screen number. I don't remember how to activate the cheat. While using the cheat, the screen number is displayed in the score field, and scoring is disabled (but who cares about score in this game). I don't remember now whether the cheat was used along with the spiderman editor, or if it is part of the game itself. I can't find any mention of the cheat in a google search, and only one other post in the forum mentions it. It's too bad no one remembers how to use it because this would otherwise be a great game.
Giznawz is offline                         Send a private message to Giznawz
Old 08-10-2007, 04:04 AM   #82
Giznawz

I found the cheat for the Amazing Spiderman on my old computer! It is not a part of the original game, but a crack, Spidey.com, written in 1992 by Michael Yakubovich. The cheat makes Spiderman invulnerable, and allows you to scroll through the screens by pressing the + and - keys. If the location where Spiderman is standing in the current screen is a valid location in the next screen (ie not in a wall) then the next screen is displayed. If not, then keep hitting + or - until you find a screen that works where Spiderman is standing, or move around and try again. The game otherwise is the exact same. The crack does not work with the download from abandonia, but works fine with the one that I downloaded 5 years or so ago. I don't remember now where on the internet I found the cheat, and I can't find any hits for it in a Google search either on the web or in the newsgroups.

Anyway, there is a cheat and I have it. Let me know if anyone is interested in it.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #83
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You can post it on the forum as an attachment.
And I'm sure that a number of us are interested in it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-10-2007, 03:55 AM   #84
Giznawz

Ok, I finally got time to zip and post these files. Spiderman.zip is (I think) the international version of the game, and SpideyCheat.zip is the cheat crack for that version. It doesn't work with the version on abandonia or the underdogs. The international version is exactly the same as abandonia's except you can choose your language. Extract both zip files into the same directory and start the game with Spidey.com to activate the cheat. See my previous post and the text file in the zip for instructions. Enjoy!

[attachmentid=4122]
[attachmentid=4123]
Old 25-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #85
StrangeQuark

I never could get passed Leo's Maze.
I really loved this game as a kid though!
StrangeQuark is offline                         Send a private message to StrangeQuark
Old 01-02-2008, 01:12 AM   #86
RyannWolfgang

Default [Fears] I hate it when...

This game is "Cute" even from the DOS. The filename is Spidey.exe.

The graphics are simple, but Spidey is shown so small and with funny movements... You kinda feel attached to it.

It's all fun and games, until you get hurt.

As a kid, seeing one of my favorite heroes being turned into a Skeleton little by little was so scary, I couldn't play the game anymore. =/

I always had this phobia. Why the fu** did the creators of such a Kid's friendly game put this one little feature just to make it scary in a wrong way?

See my hero dying? Like that? It's just sick.

I still have this phobia. I remember playing DEUS and not being able to sleep.

Skeletons again, but that time, VERY WELL PUT IN CONTEXT (Pharmacy, Medical)

Then again... a great game with a stupid feature.

It happens more than often in my opinion.
RyannWolfgang is offline                         Send a private message to RyannWolfgang
Old 01-02-2008, 01:15 AM   #87
RyannWolfgang

Just to clear things up, Deus is indeed a great game. =D
RyannWolfgang is offline                         Send a private message to RyannWolfgang
Old 21-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #88
StR4t0

Default hello

im new to abandonia and still just getting used to the whole DOS thing, i really just need help getting the game started. after i download the game and extract, i get a bunch of .cga files and unknown files. can someone please help me out? thanks
StR4t0 is offline                         Send a private message to StR4t0
Old 21-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #89
dosraider
Dismembered.

Here begins your journey with old games, read and apply:
>A beginner's guide to DosBox<

About the amazing spider-man:
Unzip the game archive, the whole folder, called spider, run the game with spidey.exe, in the opening screen choose option
1-VGA

The game is ready to run in dosbox.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 11-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #90
welldone
Lurker

Hello everybody.

I'm new to this forum, I got inscripted because I loved this game as hell when I was younger. I used to play it almost everyday but I never could get past "Roaring Flames" room.

Now I managed to arrive to "Mysterio's End" without using the glitch. It was a real pain to get there.

I noticed that after the first 3 steps towards the left side of the final room you involountarily activate a press that kills Mary Jane in a few seconds. If you get in this room by using the glitch you don't experience this because you arrive from above, so you can destroy Mysterio without problems.

I tried several times, but it seems to be impossible to reach the other side of the screen without causing MJ's death. Somebody managed to beat the final screen in the "politically correct" manner, without the glitch?

Thanks to anyone who'll answer me, I'd like to realize my childhood old dream!
welldone is offline                         Send a private message to welldone