Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-05-2006, 10:17 AM   #91

Check out the speed run at:

http://www.adventure-speedruns.com/

Only 34:31 to complete the game. The video serves as a good walkthrough too...

Old 16-10-2006, 12:35 AM   #92

Is this thread still alive?

Like many of you, i also played this gem when i was younger. What i can recall is from the game and what really bothered me, was that in the actual game case there was some sort of "newspaper" included, in the same way as there were included other material in the Loom case, besides the actual manual. As far as I can recall there was shown an illustrtion of a circus on Mars, but i dont remember finding any circuses on Mars at all while playing. So my question is, if anyone had discovered it or thought about the same thing?

Old 18-10-2006, 07:55 AM   #93
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

Hi there!

No there ain't a circus on Mars, sorry.
There is however a face-like cave and a pyramid on Mars. And you start off in a Mars hostel.
Old 19-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #94

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Oct 18 2006, 07:55 AM) [snapback]261889[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi there!

No there ain't a circus on Mars, sorry.
There is however a face-like cave and a pyramid on Mars. And you start off in a Mars hostel.
[/b]
So you dont know of this "newspaper" which was included in the game case illustrating a circus on Mars? Or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me...

Old 20-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #95
Icewolf
Il Lupone

There is a newspaper stand on every airport where there are funny topics to read and I think there's one about some Mars-discovery.
For example there are two ways to get rid of the two-headed squirrel. That affects one topic.
Old 20-10-2006, 08:27 AM   #96
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Oct 20 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]262378[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
There is a newspaper stand on every airport where there are funny topics to read and I think there's one about some Mars-discovery.
For example there are two ways to get rid of the two-headed squirrel. That affects one topic.
[/b]
I think what he means is the nice tabloidy manual that came with the game. As far as I remember, there was something about a circus on Mars in there. Not everything that's mentioned in the manual is in the actual game, though.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 22-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #97

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(A. J. Raffles @ Oct 20 2006, 08:27 AM) [snapback]262387[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Oct 20 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]262378[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
I think what he means is the nice tabloidy manual that came with the game. As far as I remember, there was something about a circus on Mars in there. Not everything that's mentioned in the manual is in the actual game, though.
[/b][/quote]

Exactly my friend Just remembered that that particular thing really annoyed my since i couldnt find any circus. What was also mentioned in the "newspaper" which isnt included in the game as well?

icewolf > thanx for your replies. Maybe i should have written my questions more clearly.

Old 23-10-2006, 01:09 AM   #98
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, the possibility of losing weight by having a zipper sewn into your stomach, for example. Or the Groucho-Marxified sphinx.
Or maybe I just forgot about those...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 24-10-2006, 07:20 AM   #99
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

What can I do at the egypt? I cant do anything else expect light the torche's.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 24-10-2006, 07:30 AM   #100
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Did you get into the sphynx?