Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-07-2005, 10:02 PM   #11
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

erm, like the report button you mean?
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 04-07-2005, 10:03 PM   #12
lethe
Game freak

Yap. Don't know if it works, never tried. :bleh:
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 04-07-2005, 10:07 PM   #13
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

well, it still needs a mod to be around.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 04-07-2005, 10:13 PM   #14
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The sticky rule already exists, actually: http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1870
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 04-07-2005, 10:39 PM   #15
lethe
Game freak

Damn, my ideas were made obsolete. Then why do you still read every single post in here? :whistle:
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 04-07-2005, 10:51 PM   #16
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Quote:
Originally posted by lethe@Jul 4 2005, 10:39 PM
Damn, my ideas were made obsolete. Then why do you still read every single post in here? :whistle:
Because we as admins have an obligation to be fully informed on everthing that happens in the forum.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:07 PM   #17
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

Aaaw noooooooo, omg, don't leave because of this!!!!
I don't like this idea, but it's not something I would leave becasue!!

I'll miss you
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 05-07-2005, 03:29 AM   #18
taikara
Abandonia Homie

I'm jumping in a bit late here, but here's a couple cents...

Tom is absolutely correct... there's a lot more to being an admin than cruising the forums behavior-checking the members. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes, most of which has absolutely nothing to do with the forums. The forums are pretty much a secondary priority.

For those who don't know, I'm an admin on AR, but not on AB. It's a lot of work, and the forums there don't have nearly the membership, nor the issues that AB has. I still have spent most of my time online attending to administrative responsibilities since I've been an admin. I don't have time to joke around, or spam, or even maintain my art gallery here on AB like I used to because of those responsibilities. It's incredibly stressful, and I think most members think all that admins do is cruise the forums looking to hand out warnings and bans, and close topics.

What admins actually do is keep the main site running so that the members will still have a community in which to kvetch about administrative actions. They try to do their best to keep the potential conflicts down so that the majority of the active members feel comfortable.

If a few topics are moved around or closed to make the administrative duties of the forum a bit less chaotic, or to prevent a potential conflict or stop an actual one, then what's really the problem? Don't worry, you'll still be able to post your spam, or debate with each other, you'll just have to deal with concentrating it in one topic rather than in multiple topics. No biggie. Move on
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 05-07-2005, 03:36 AM   #19
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

omg seems to be leaving for something that shouldnt and doesnt really concern anyone who doesnt have the title admin
but the admins dont really have search every topic under 3xblah but we could make it easy for them informing them theres something not nice in 3xblah so they dont have to read every word
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 05-07-2005, 08:57 AM   #20
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Shunk Eat Enemy@Jul 5 2005, 04:36 AM
omg seems to be leaving for something that shouldnt and doesnt really concern anyone who doesnt have the title admin
but the admins dont really have search every topic under 3xblah but we could make it easy for them informing them theres something not nice in 3xblah so they dont have to read every word
That's the use of the report button.

I sincerely believe that modding 3xblah has to be incredibly boring - meaning that if someone decides to annoy, he'll annoy in 3xblah. It's not really fun, expecially when someone comes up with paranoid grudges against members and starts to spread his flamecrap in every damn thread. This kind of member appears sometimes and gets regularly banned, it happened recently and has happened with different people in the past.
I like to debate too, yet if the debate starts to repeat itself, it becomes more masturbatory than useful. And when the debate degenerates, it's just stressful, because when in real life you can punch your opponent in the nose, on the net you can't. And dozens of insults in caps aren't HALF as satisfying as a good kick in the stomach.

This said, I too would ask omg not to leave for such a futile reason, 'cause he's a pretty cool guy in my opinion.
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid