Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-06-2005, 03:10 PM   #11
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Different priorities, buddy. Personally, there are a million addictions I'd rather maintain than give up for some broad.

As for why most people start, it's generally the physical effects that attract 'em, the headrush and such.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 05-06-2005, 03:12 PM   #12
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

That and being relaxed. My ex smoked because she was suicidally depressed and it took her mind off of things.

She's still alive though, which is nice, but my dad didn't like her at all. My mum was OK with her though. Oh well... she was really nice as well...
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 05-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #13
omg
Games Master

the headrush is why i started. as for quitting due to a girl, part of the reosen i am quitting is at my wifes insistance, but aLso due to the fact that i was getting this intermittent nasty pain in my lung, felt like the dam thing was collapsing. if shes a good girl and dont nag u about anything else then quit. if shes a nagger though then you are probably going to kill her if she nags you about something whilst you are in the grip of nicotine withdrawl.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 05-06-2005, 03:16 PM   #14
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Hmm that might be going a bit far, but on the other hand, despite passively smoking a hell of a lot, I've never smoked in my life.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 05-06-2005, 03:24 PM   #15
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

ex...this is the word i dont want to hear...

troop18546: If you are here to spit people in the face becouse they're smoking, get the hell outta here! I'm not going to rip my cigarettes in two, but I'M NOT A CROOK!!!! :ranting:

What the hell do you know about smoking anyway? And who the F are to tell me who I am, or what I'm going to do??? <_<

If you here to annoy people instead of trying to help, leave now... <_<

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 05-06-2005, 03:25 PM   #16
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Well, it IS that simple.

Just quit. There's nothing else you can do.
It won't help you to substitute the nicotine you inhale with some nicotine you get into your body via your skin. It's still nicotine and it still gets into your body. Same for gum.
The major addicrion is not the physical one though, but the mental one. You just gotta stop WANTING nicotine (or telling yourself you do, that is). If you canstop smoking for two weeks, your body has overcome the addiction and any problems that occur afterwards are just spawned by your mind. That's a scientific fact. So there is but one way to quit: Not doing it anymore and stop telling yourself you NEED another cigarette. If you aren't really convinced of that, however, there is no way you could stop anyway, because you will always fall back to it.

Just stop. Worked fine for me (allthough I enjoy an occasional cigar every now and then, but that's a different matter).
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 05-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #17
Danny252
I have a custom title!

best way to quit: dont start.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:44 PM   #18
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Danny252@Jun 5 2005, 03:42 PM
best way to quit: dont start.
Definitely the best way!
Old 05-06-2005, 04:16 PM   #19
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Well yes, but this is someone who's been smoking for 10 years. To be honest that's not very useful as a comment.

If I were you I would try and find something that you enjoy and do that pretty much solidly for 2 weeks without smoking so that you subconsciously think - not smoking = great.

On the other hand, I'm sure that it's about 100 times easier to write than to do.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #20
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

I hope I never get addicted to cigarettes, i've tried smoking a few times last vacation and I couldn't stand it.