Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-08-2004, 11:43 PM   #41
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

One of the things I liked about NWN was that there were many ways to do some quests, for example, in the first chapter of the game you get sent on a quest to recover relics from parts of the city by a good religion in the game but there is a guy down the local brothel who will pay you double but will use them for evil purposes (one of the relics is a book, if you give it to the good church you will get 500 gold and it will be put in a museum but if you give it to the evil bloke he will use it as fire kindling and give you 1000 gold, and another relic is a suit of armour which he will smelt down into a shovel to muck out the stables). The game might be linear if you just concentrate on the main quest but if you take a little time to explore you will certainly get much more out of this game.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 24-08-2004, 12:06 AM   #42
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to \"The Movies\" where you own your own movie studio and you have to make films by hiring actors, building sets, managing catering etc. but also designing your own movies which you can watch and place on the lionhead website where they'll hold awards ceremonys. *It's the personal project of Peter Moyelneux who is making Black and White 2 (which I am also looking forward too).
GTA : San Andreas is looking brilliant and all PS2 owners will be smug about getting the game first but when it comes out on PC and everything has been improved (as was the case with the two previous GTAs) it'll be us PC gamer's turn to be smug.
and then eventually xbox users will get the game with ALL the graphical updates attached... like with the two previous GTA's

anyway.
I know Kotor 2 is in good hands.
Its just a pity that they haven't even updated the engine at all (well it isn't noticable in terms of graphics)
It'll need a VERY solid and enjoyable storyline in order to not feel like a mere expansion pack
Stroggy is offline                         Send a private message to Stroggy
Old 24-08-2004, 03:49 AM   #43
xndr2181
Game Wizzard

Has anyone besides me heard of the X-Men RPG they're workin on for PS2? I don't know the release date but I'm pretty sure it was Christmas 04 which would totally rock!! If they actually pull this off, I foresee my whole life being consumed by the game, :wink:
-Sean
xndr2181 is offline                         Send a private message to xndr2181
Old 24-08-2004, 07:27 AM   #44
Decalies
Forum hobbit

Send a message via MSN to Decalies

Quote:
One of the things I liked about NWN was that there were many ways to do some quests, for example, in ... The game might be linear if you just concentrate on the main quest but if you take a little time to explore you will certainly get much more out of this game.
okay, okay, NWN is not completely linear . Do you know fallout 1+2. I see those as one of the best RPG. Especially considering the non-linear feel to them.
Decalies is offline                         Send a private message to Decalies
Old 24-08-2004, 08:15 AM   #45
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

Diablo II is liniar in terms of plot, but in gameplay it's not.There are so many items to be discovered, so many set items to be collected.In fact this is the thing that attracts ppl to Diablo II.It's just about building your best character, equiped with the rarest weapons and armor.It may be just hack&slash, but it's the best one around.
As for NWN the story line is not liniar in any way.How can you say such a thing???There are many side quests, wich have nothing in common with the main plot; you can accept these quest, or you can decline these quest.This is not liniar gameplay!Also when talking to a character you can use skills specific to certain classes.For example you can use taunting if you are fighter.This again is not liniar!!
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 24-08-2004, 08:29 AM   #46
Decalies
Forum hobbit

Send a message via MSN to Decalies

Maybe I'm a bit too hard on NWN. Omuletzu, what you say is of course entirely true. I think it's more the feel of a linear gameplay, because in at the start you have to collect 4 different artefacts in 4 different area's (large area's but anyhow). Planescape and Fallout1+2 gave me much more the feel of freedom.
Decalies is offline                         Send a private message to Decalies
Old 24-08-2004, 08:57 AM   #47
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

And it's interesting that you don't like NWN, Picard, because BG was made by Bioware, no? So they should be somewhat similar :?
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 24-08-2004, 09:00 AM   #48
FreeFreddy

In NWN it's kind of easy to foresee what's next - there are alway 3 areas in 3 directions to visit and to accomplish there the main goal, and that's in every chapter like that - so when that's not linear, I don't know further...
Just compare it to Baldur's Gate II (or perhaps part 1 too). And NWN is much other than Baldur's Gate (and has much simpler story after all).

Old 24-08-2004, 05:45 PM   #49
xndr2181
Game Wizzard

Quote:
And it's interesting that you don't like NWN, Picard, because BG was made by Bioware, no? So they should be somewhat similar :?
Sorry Omuletzu I'm gonna have to argue there, I'm a huge BG fan, and I hate NWN. They completely changed the game play when they made NWN that's why I feel so strongly about NWN...If it was released as a single game, with no ties to the BG crew, I'd be less hard on it, but since it was created by the BG crew, I dislike it even more.
-Sean
xndr2181 is offline                         Send a private message to xndr2181
Old 24-08-2004, 05:48 PM   #50
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

I like NWN, the combat is better and so are the creatures and landscapes you come across.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell