Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-02-2011, 03:22 AM   #41
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Default Omega - Review and other things, completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
You're not making it difficult. We will move the video, no big deal. There is folder named "_Youtube" on the FTP. Inside you'll find a folder with your name, and currently inside that folder are movies for Zool 2 and Cool World

So, if you wanna be extra kind, from now on you can upload videos directly in your folder in _Youtube folder
I tried to transfer the Omega Intro AVI.zip file to this _Youtube folder twice and I just keep getting a 'Critical file transfer error' message. I still have the file. Awaiting instructions.

Omega - review (formatted), intro avi (sitting on my hard drive), and screenshots. The archive from the link you PMed me for the game is fine.

I kept four of the original screenshots, resized and compressed them but also replaced some. You can take a look and let me know what you think.

See previous post for questions I had about the review. I put the hyperlinks in the review, but that can be altered.
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 14-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #42
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

About AVI, just upload it in your folder on FTP then, (hopefully that's possible) and notify us and we'll take it from there. Although I don't see what could possibly go wrong... Did you tried to upload AVI in your folder inside _Youtube or in _Youtube itself?

As for links in review, I'm not sure about those. We would prefer to have someone submitting original manuals etc. I'm not sure about this... Let's see what others have to say.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 14-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #43
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohne Mitleid View Post
edit: I don't believe there is going to be any way to play this game without the instruction and reference manuals that went along with the game. A .doc file is included in the archive, but it is very limited and deals mainly with game startup and control definitions.

Copies of the manual and reference documents are available on replacementdocs.com.

There is also a website that has the printed material available online in a hypertext linked format, which I found to be extremely helpful. This format allowed me to have both the easy-to-navigate reference material and the game up on the screen at the same time.

How would I go about working that into the review? Or is that something Abandonia has special rules about?

Please advise,
Thanks
Ohne
Well, we can't add material taken from other sites without permission, it would be nice to get in contact with them.
Without an official permission we could just link to the site, not a great solution though.

Quote:
I tried to transfer the Omega Intro AVI.zip file to this _Youtube folder twice and I just keep getting a 'Critical file transfer error' message. I still have the file. Awaiting instructions.
Sorry for the stupid question but have you uploaded it directly or moved it from your folder? Because the restricted permissions don't let you move files.
In any case if you can't do that just upload it in your folder, we will move it later
Quote:
Omega - review (formatted), intro avi (sitting on my hard drive), and screenshots. The archive from the link you PMed me for the game is fine.

I kept four of the original screenshots, resized and compressed them but also replaced some. You can take a look and let me know what you think.

See previous post for questions I had about the review. I put the hyperlinks in the review, but that can be altered.
Checked the screens, all seems ok!
Thank you very much Ohne
Old 14-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #44
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

I uploaded the avi to the Ohne Mitleid folder. I have been trying to upload from my hard drive to the ftp site, not anything unusual.

It seems I don't have public write permissions for the _Youtube\Ohne Mitleid directory (numeric value 775) while I do for the other directory (numeric value 777).

It's unfortunate about the documentation, but this is seriously a game where you will not be able to play without it. Trust me, I tried.
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 16-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #45
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

I should have solved the FTP permission problem, please keep me updated

Quote:
It's unfortunate about the documentation, but this is seriously a game where you will not be able to play without it. Trust me, I tried.
Then if it's not playable we need to find a solution together, we could contact the site for permission or create new documentation.

I would like to try the other before doing the "upload it as it is" solution.

Send me the link or the content by pm, let's start with this
Old 18-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #46
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I should have solved the FTP permission problem, please keep me updated
Well... now I can't login at all! Filezilla, I get a "Critical error! Can't login to server". That is too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Then if it's not playable we need to find a solution together, we could contact the site for permission or create new documentation.

I would like to try the other before doing the "upload it as it is" solution.

Send me the link or the content by pm, let's start with this
I PMed you the links. I'll work on instructions of some sort.
Old 18-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #47
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

That would be because we just had our passwords changed for the FTP. So the old one wont work any more.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 18-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #48
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
That would be because we just had our passwords changed for the FTP. So the old one wont work any more.
That would explain it then.

I guess I should work on supplying more material to post!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #49
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Default Dark Legions - disk crack

The disk version is not cracked. I have a cracked disk version which only requires your usual 'Enter' key press to bypass copy protection.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #50
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Default All that Jazz

The review for Jazz Jackrabbit is done. I also have the CD iso (55.6mb), source unknown. It offers installs in a bunch of different languages. The original shareware version has six levels. This one has all six and levels A, B, C, X and 2 bonus levels. Level X is a preview of Holiday Hare.

The problem I have with the CD version is the manual. The shareware manual is really well done, offering level and enemy descriptions. The CD version falls flat in that area.

I apologize for the delay in completing this. Even though my life may seem unremarkable to most, it does sometimes get in the way.