Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 16-06-2005, 12:11 AM   #1
omg
Games Master

LOL just a freindly warning to all you peer to peer nuts.
i downloaded what i thought was revenge of the sith. instead i ended up with 750 odd meg of processor using hell. evry time i opened the DRIVE that had this fake file on it my processor use would shoot up to 100 percent. it wouldent let me delete it as it kept saying "file in use" , wouldent let me format the drive for the same reosen. virus checker said it was clean. i went into task manager and closed evrything that was doing anything (other than explorer) and i still couldent delete it. luckily it didnt start the processor binge untill the drive the file was on was opened so after a restart without opening the drive i was able to format the drive. however this sort of thing is happening more and more. clearly the corperations are fighting back. be carefull folks.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 16-06-2005, 12:33 AM   #2
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Well, that is what you leechin' bastards get. Can't say I'd feel sorry for you. :angry:
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 16-06-2005, 12:35 AM   #3
omg
Games Master

cheers man....
not after pity. just spreading the word.
so you mean to tell me you never downloaded a single mp3 or mpeg, if so then you are
a: lying
b: pretty unique.
Old 16-06-2005, 12:40 AM   #4
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Didn't say I never did, but I stopped that LONG ago. But yes, in some way I really seem to be "unique" because I don't think I should be able to have everything without being able to afford it. Go figure.
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 16-06-2005, 01:13 AM   #5
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Nice point Chuck!
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 16-06-2005, 01:16 AM   #6
omg
Games Master

chuck do you ever do anything other than log in, diss people, log out? the thing is it is illegal to download movies. abandonware is considered by many to be piracy however. where do you draw the line. so you were downloading mp3's a LONG time ago? does that make you supirior? i think not. you were still doing it.
so indy guess what. you are breaking the law by downloadin *abandonware* (except for when they have permission) so wipe that smug little smile off your face. and i know you frequent underdogs at times, which actually has esa protected games on it.

the fact is EVRYONE i know who has a dsl connection downloads music and movies. however if the networks keep getting flooded with fake files this will probably end pretty soon. ahh well it was fun while it lasted.
Old 16-06-2005, 01:46 AM   #7
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

I'm shaking in my little american shoes. :Brain:
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 16-06-2005, 02:45 AM   #8
Flop
Hero Gamer

YARRR!!! I be liking those pirate movies matey!

Seriously though, if companies are actually putting that kind of files on p2p networks, I think they are bordering on what's legal themselves. Not saying piracy is legal or even all right, but neither is making/sharing sharing viruses.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 16-06-2005, 02:49 AM   #9
omg
Games Master

you have a point. stuff like this has happened a few times to me, not just with movies either. its a standerd thing that software trys to connect to its masters if it is booted when you go online. out of curiosty i let some hacked music software of mine call home and i had to reinstall windows. and woe betide anyone who lets a pirated version of windows *phone home*
i guess there justification would be that they are disabling illegal software and not causing any hardware damage.
LOL and what do you do? go to the police and say that your pirated movie turned out to be a virus and you want to sue the company that put out the dodgy file ....
i think all they would do is LOL and then maybe book you for piracy.
Old 16-06-2005, 03:21 AM   #10
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

All this is not that simple actually, as you want to present it OMG. But I don't feel like starting a discusion about this (it always causes bad blood).
BTW - why even download off p2p? There's tones of stuff you can get for very reasonable prices.
But there are some things you can't buy (like abandonware games) - in those cases you've no choice but to get an illegal version.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Closed Thread