Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-02-2007, 11:15 PM   #81
LaFey
Abandonia nerd

Anyone knows who is responsible for the awesome page at:

http://web.comhem.se/~u19128212/

First I'd like to congratulate him, afterwards ask if he plans to end the maps/solution for the 1st game.

I believe the best bet we have to fix the in-game scripts is by using Michal Benes engine (source available at his homepage at:

http://www.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~benes/lotr/

And that complete map? How's it coming along? :bleh:
Old 06-03-2007, 04:10 AM   #82
Aloyisus

Send a message via Yahoo to Aloyisus

This may seem silly... but how do I use the game engine provided by Mister Benes? When I try to open it, I just get a notepad file with alot of text...is that it? Huge fan of the game...know it pretty much inside and out must I have Linux to use the engine?
Aloyisus is offline                         Send a private message to Aloyisus
Old 06-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #83
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The source code has to be compiled in order to be ran. You need a compiler for whatever programming language it is in.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-04-2007, 11:08 PM   #84

It looks like its compiled in C or C++...

Old 10-05-2007, 01:55 AM   #85
LaFey
Abandonia nerd

Write Michal an e-mail message and *maybe* he compiles a Windows binary. I'm guessing he doesn't because he doesn't even have Windows, but it's only my 2 euro cents.
Old 28-07-2007, 11:30 AM   #86

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest IV @ May 10 2005, 10:20 AM) [snapback]105865[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The special edition of this game is actually better; excellent music, improved sound, and better cutscenes from the original animated movie. :O
[/b]
Dude where can i get this version. By the way, I dont have any sound, or just a *meep*ed up midi tune when I play it on different settings. Any advice???

I used to play this game sooo much, lovin the soundtrack. Any idea where I could get that seperately?

Old 25-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #87
lordy259

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sighter @ Oct 3 2006, 12:04 AM) [snapback]259000[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 26 2006, 01:10 PM) [snapback]251061[/snapback]
Quote:
Smaug: Yep we're sure

Robbers: off the top of my mind, you can meet some along the road east from the Shire.

Tom Bombadil: It happened to me once but only in the 1.0 version of the game (the buggy one). It was when Bombadil appears to free you from Old Man Willow (use !HelpHelp). By some glitch he remained when he was supposed to disappear and then he followed you as if recruited. You cannot recruit him by normal means.
[/b]
I finally sucked it up and just purchased the CD version of this remarkable game. Didn't cost much, and I'm already enjoying it again.

In any event, I was wondering if anyone knew about a glitch where the tree that is supposed to yield a Red Acorn for Ruddyoak doesn't respond to the perception command.

Also, the manual posted way back when has disappeared. Now that I have the CD version, this is not as important...but that manual was indeed something amazing.

Also, has anybody thought to undertake a cleaning operation to bring loose strings together and figure out what certain incomplete projects were supposed to achieve and tie them all into one? I'm far from computer savvy, but who knows what you other people might have done.
[/b][/quote]

Unfortunately, as a longtime owner/ player of the enhanced cd version, i am all too aware that it is in fact impossible to get the red acorn to recruit ruddyoak. i remember writing interplay support a thread when the game was originally out that yielded that little gem. instead, u have to fight black alder to get the springstone (maybe not?) but it's not really tough anyway, especially with hawkeye, druin, athelwyn, et al.

incidentally, anyone know where to get their hands on an enhanced copy? cant find mine after all these years and i miss the automaps and movies

Old 28-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #88

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sighter Goliant @ Oct 5 2006, 12:20 AM) [snapback]259464[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 4 2006, 06:06 PM) [snapback]259403[/snapback]
Quote:
Yes, Interplay even used to mention it on their web site. What they forgot to mention though is that the game tends to screw things up by moving you a few steps too many, so that your one chance to get the acorn is lost. Solution: walk up to the tree very carefully, step by step. When you trigger the message about seeing a red acorn, DO NOT MOVE. Now get the acorn. Works for me.
[/b]
That's odd. I'm moving very, very slowly -- using single taps of the keyboard key to make sure I don't go too fast. [/b][/quote]

Weird. That's exactly what I do. Works every time -- no problem getting the red acorn.

Old 28-08-2007, 09:50 AM   #89

LaFey: Thanks. Yes, I do plan to finish it, but life keeps interfering ...

Old 01-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #90
ktbug

does anyone know where i can find the map