Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #161
Guest_Yuni Teh Ebil

I've had it before (the heart/love icon), but nothing happened. I asked here about it, and they told me some things back some pages. What I think it is is that it's actually a bad thing, because sometimes she'll reject him and say, "No, I have to go home. My father wouldn't want me to go." Or something like that, but she references you in what she says to him, so I think she is sorta disobeying you if she goes with him. I also noticed when she had the love icon she didn't pay attention in class or work properly or listen much at all, so she probably needs discipline or something.

Old 04-11-2005, 01:42 AM   #162
Aurianna

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramidel@Nov 3 2005, 07:46 AM
Hm. Did anything in particular happen in the few months before the heart vanished?
Not really. I didn't do anything differently than I had before. I was still the other guy's mistress. I was still working in the Cabaret. I took her to the beach a couple of times that summer.
I thought maybe it was the fact that her sin topped 500 the month the heart went away, but I went back to the previous month and got rid of a bunch of sin, so it still happened, so that wasn't the reason.

I read a few pages back that someone also had the in love heart. Does anyone know how this is triggered in the first place? Does it only happen if she has high charisma or sensitivity... are sins and morals also factors?
Does being in love do anything? I really just want to know what happens if you're in love at the very end. But maybe the game is set so that can't happen.

Now I want to be really ambitious and look at the files and see what makes the game tick. Too bad I don't have foxpro. Bah.

Old 06-11-2005, 09:53 AM   #163
carlson

hay ya'all..i wuz wonderin...izzit possible to get married before the age of 18? cuz i used the cheat to get perfume right at the beginning of the game so she got proposals even though shes only 10 and wen i click accept she protests and sez she doesnt want to marry someone she doesnt know

Old 06-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #164
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Aurianna@Nov 2 2005, 04:51 PM
I think this is because of one of two problems. The first one is easy enough to fix.

1. You won the art contest at least once, and still have the Master Brush(es).
I'm not exactly sure how the game decides your daughter's future, but I think it has to do with the highest stat she has, or maybe the highest stat she has in her best reputation.
If you happen to have her saved right before you schedule her, or near that time, if you pawn her paint brush, maybe her ending will be different.

2. You visited the art faeries in the woods a little too much. If that's the case, then her art may be too high to do anything about.
Does anyone else know if her job is decided by her highest stat, or if it's her highest stat in her best reputation?
If it's her highest stat in her best reputation, then what you'd need to do is get her social reputation lower than her fighting reputation. This can be done to some extent, even on her birthday.
Have her talk to the Jester if you can. Make sure she's equipped with the very best weapons you have.
Now... if you have the royal sword, you could sell it. She'll lose 30 social rep, but also 30 fighter rep. You can get back the figher rep by either cheating and buying Dragon Claws from Eddy's, or by going into town constantly and hoping random people challenge her.

Ok, here is my question. I heard that you can become someone's mistress while she's still under 18 and he'll pay her every month for her "services." I thought this would be fun, so I put my girl with already 800+ Charisma in the sleazy bars and cabaret when she was 16. By the time she became 17, yes, she became someone's mistress.
Then, in May of her last year (Her birthday was in October, so 7 months before she grew up), after working in the cabaret, some young guy approached her and asked if she wanted to go to dinner. She said yes, and it said they went off together or something, and then... you know those little icons that have like, her weapon, her armor, if she's sick and if she's delinquent? There's one more, and it's on the far right, and after she went to dinner with this guy, it turned into a heart and said "love."
This icon stayed until the start of September (her second to last month).
I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, getting the little heart.
And also, if it has, has it lasted anyone to the day where she did grow up, and if so, does it affect her marraige at all?

All right. I've babbled long enough, me thinks. Hope I answered someone's question, and maybe someone has an answer for one of my own.

-Auri
I have never won the art contest, but I have send her to a couple of art classes (because she was working as a mason, and she sucked), and the second class she painted a painting (I still don't know why a let her do that), but that was when she still was a little girl. ?Maybe that had something to do with it? And yes, she visited the art fairies a lot, because I wanted her to burn off some big stress without her losing constitution (and without her gaining cooking skill). Her art skill was her highest skill (I've checked the savegame) but for a few point, and her social reputatios was way too low (Both her fighter reputation and magician reputation were higher, and by a lot of points). So, I don't know what to think.

And with another girl I had her being a woman (I wanted one of the "bad" endings) and she worked at the sleazy bar a lot. She became someone mistress by 16 if I remember it right, and she too became in love with a guy who invited her to dinner, and was in love to her 18th birthday (but he never appeared again, at least not on-screen ;-)), but she disn't marry anyone. Her guardian god said that it was because of her low morality (it was 0 ). I don't know what could have happened if her morality wasn't so low....
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 07-11-2005, 01:20 AM   #165
Ramidel
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by El Quia@Nov 6 2005, 03:21 PM
And yes, she visited the art fairies a lot, because I wanted her to burn off some big stress without her losing constitution (and without her gaining cooking skill).
The art fairies take away constitution, the cooking fairies don't.
Ramidel is offline                         Send a private message to Ramidel
Old 08-11-2005, 03:28 AM   #166
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramidel+Nov 7 2005, 02:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ramidel @ Nov 7 2005, 02:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-El Quia@Nov 6 2005, 03:21 PM
And yes, she visited the art fairies a lot, because I wanted her to burn off some big stress without her losing constitution (and without her gaining cooking skill).
The art fairies take away constitution, the cooking fairies don't. [/b][/quote]
He!, I get them mixed up. Well, I guess I tried to not gain too much cooking and visited the art fairies to still get the stress reduction. :crazy: Thanks for the correction.
But still, she was a cool fighter and a mediocre magician, and the other reputatios where way too low. I guess I will try it again, without visiting the fairies too much nor painting any picture... if only I could find the time...
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 08-11-2005, 05:52 PM   #167
JonoPike
It's a charming little game

My first became a housewife that married Cube
The second became a mercenary that never married
The third became a general who never married.

The fourth annihalated everything in her way, including the War God, and was the tops in both combat and magic. She became a Hero, but was so powerful that there was nothing in the world of adventure to challenge her, and she became arrogant of herself. She returned home disappointed, but married an intelligent knight.

--

I find the combat/warrior route far far easier than the refinement/high society route. When she gets a job as a hairdresser, she buggers off from time to time, which the warrior ones never did.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #168

Quote:
I guess I will try it again, without visiting the fairies too much nor painting any picture...
You can have her paint pictures, just as long as at the end of the game (or earlier, if you prefer) you sell off her master brush. If not, her art goes sky high. Even with the faeries visit, if her art isn't above 109, she's probably ok, because chances are, with armor and such, her other fighting skills will be higher. It's when her art or cookie is like... 130 that there's a problem. I had a lot of artists and skilled dancers before I figured out my problem.

Quote:
I find the combat/warrior route far far easier than the refinement/high society route. When she gets a job as a hairdresser, she buggers off from time to time, which the warrior ones never did.
Heh, yeah, from the sound of your past daughters, you don't focus too much on morality (bah... you get paid nothing at that church), and then you add the sensitivity from the hairdessing... bah. low morality + high sensitivity = I hate that little runaway brat!!!

I had an arrogant hero once. Glad to know I'm not the only one. I think it's silly that the game punishes you for being too good. Or was it because some random variable I had wasn't high enough? Like morality or faith? Hmmm. Sometime I'd REALLY like to look at the code for this game.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:34 PM   #169
Ramidel
Abandonia nerd

High cooking is usually not a problem either, even if it's your highest skill. Reason being: there's two housework endings. Maid is a sign that you did nothing whatsoever, and Domestic Training requires 421+ HW rep.
Ramidel is offline                         Send a private message to Ramidel
Old 10-11-2005, 11:10 AM   #170
Shelley
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by El Quia@Nov 6 2005, 03:21 PM
And with another girl I had her being a woman (I wanted one of the "bad" endings) and she worked at the sleazy bar a lot. She became someone mistress by 16 if I remember it right, and she too became in love with a guy who invited her to dinner, and was in love to her 18th birthday (but he never appeared again, at least not on-screen ;-)), but she disn't marry anyone. Her guardian god said that it was because of her low morality (it was 0 ). I don't know what could have happened if her morality wasn't so low....
The same thing happened to me, she was "in love" till the very end of the game, but she didn't mary, because of her low morals (about 11).
Fortunately, I saved the game just after she met this 'dinner-guy',so she got the 'Love icon',(she was still a mistress aswell), but from then on I only let her work at the church for the remaining half year, to boost up her morals again.
I got her to stop being a mistress of that older rich guy, but she still had the 'Love' icon 'till the very end, though you never see the 'dinner-guy' again, at least, I didn't.

When she grew up, her ending was slightly different! She DID get married, but not with that 'dinner-guy' or anything, she just married a clever knight... :blink: Her morals were 'only' 41... Oh well...