Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Omega

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 03-05-2011, 04:13 AM   #2
Abandoned Witch
I will never go back anymore

Omega's gameplay reminds me of Autoduel, such as creating a tank and exploring.

Last edited by Abandoned Witch; 03-05-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Abandoned Witch is offline                         Send a private message to Abandoned Witch
Old 06-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
Wicky
the little viking

Pew I wants to play this game. But can it do battles against others multiplayer?
Does not seem so which is a mayor letdown.

Taking about AI, Supreme Commander and Starcraft RTS would have been great choices . When you know how to play the game then it would be interesting to program an AI to do battles for you!
Let's say your human opponent does not know whether your units are human or controlled by AI, or lets say programmed by a human expert player his mininions will just do whatever he programmed them to do.
This would be interesting .. and time saving... to gain battle-points when you dont even have to fight and watch the battle, but everytime a noob wants a challenge match you engage your self-programmed AI to handle this.

Last edited by Wicky; 06-05-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky
Old 06-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
Pew I wants to play this game. But can it do battles against others multiplayer?
I had this game for the Mac way back in the day, and if I recall, there's no multiplayer aspect in the sense of two or more humans playing simultaneously - when the game came out, not many people owned networked PCs - but it is possible to save tanks you create, send them to someone else who has the game, and have them fight with them.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #5
Cycieties

There are problems with this download of the game. There are missing files for the Library Capsules and there is a User that is downloaded with the game that you can't open because there is no Password to that user provided. Someone might need to do a re-upload.

Scratch that, the files that are "missing" are in the game's main directory and need to be manually reached by changing the file from the current user to the main directory (by clicking the user name in the load menu) or copy-pasted into the user's folder. There is still the already-existing profile, though.

Last edited by Cycieties; 07-05-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Cycieties is offline                         Send a private message to Cycieties
Old 08-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #6
issarad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Pie Jones View Post
I had this game for the Mac way back in the day, and if I recall, there's no multiplayer aspect in the sense of two or more humans playing simultaneously - when the game came out, not many people owned networked PCs - but it is possible to save tanks you create, send them to someone else who has the game, and have them fight with them.

The other nice thing about this, is that the save file for your tank was universal. My friends and I used to swap them around between their PC's, my Amiga, and even C-64's. Quite an interesting game concept.
issarad is offline                         Send a private message to issarad
Old 11-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
Oskatat
Game freak

you can get your first couple of clearances just by having a decent ai installed (S&D is even enough) and upgrading weapon and armor. But later ones are more difficult and will rewuire you to think of a strategy

an example could be to get a laser and, as soon as you detect, move in untill distance is X, wait untill in range, fire as many shots as you can without your opponent firing back, move back (1 or 2), rinse and repeat. After destroying an enemy, check systems if repairs are needed. If anyone could put this in the game writing style so i can copy and paste it, i'd be delighted, since i dont have the patience or right kind of mind to do it myself
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat
Old 23-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
Inglonias
Lurker

Cute idea for a game.
I've downloaded it onto a school computer, but the freaking keyboard is terrible for typing. (Its all mushy. Yes, I say that about every keyboard since I got my mechanical one)
I've gotta try this one out a bit more when I get home. Why did nobody think of this since 1989?
Inglonias is offline                         Send a private message to Inglonias
Old 23-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Hm, looks like something fun to try after the exams are done.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #10
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

How does a non-mechanical keyboard look like?