Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: George W. Bush is a:
Warmonger 7 15.22%
The most stupidest president of the USA 4 8.70%
Idiot 9 19.57%
Geek 1 2.17%
Gay 0 0%
Fine president 1 2.17%
President of the United States 2 4.35%
President of the United States, but he should be the president of Finland 1 2.17%
Alien 2 4.35%
My idol 2 4.35%
Total bastard 5 10.87%
Some of the above 2 4.35%
All of the above 1 2.17%
None of the above (other) 3 6.52%
George W. Bush 6 13.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #41
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Apr 16 2006, 12:15 PM
Where's "Puppet" in the options? He's an idiot, but the point is that the liberal debate is easily mocked by the Right who accuse the left of simply mocking Bush's intellect (or lack thereof) rather than debating the issues, allowing the NeoCons to push their agenda behind the scenes - remarkably effective.
Exactly, I agree %100.

I don't understand where this strange assumption comes from that Bush regulates everything. This isn't a monarchy. In fact, he controls very little, every decision that he thinks would be a proper one has to be accepted by various branches of the government, it's not just a simple "I WANT TO GO TO WAR" statement that launches a offensive.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 17-04-2006, 03:03 AM   #42
xcom freak
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios@Apr 16 2006, 08:17 PM
xcom freak

About Lebanon, I forgive you, but, how what you said is any different from what I said?

Lebanon and Syria were at least once part of the same country, the Ottoman empire.

About oil and future generations, I stand by what I said earlier.* Who said that money is not power? Irrelevant.

I know nothing about strategy? Ok, if this is what you believe of me, I don't care one way or the other.

Short range missiles to deploy in Iraq? What the fudge are you talking about?* Haven't you be paying attention to at least what is happening in Iraq?* The war there isn't over and things are getting worse, higher US tech or not.* Some wars cannot be won just by firepower, you need to win the hearts of the people too.

NO, it is not like a strategy game, the analogy between (my guess) an RTS and real world strategy is a joke.* The US has invaded the country of Iraq, fortified its position there, has superior technology and firepower, and peace is still not there, in fact more people are killed every day.* With that kind of "base" you cannot use that part of the army, or even the "base" to attack another country.*

If there is an attack against Iran, the vast majority of the missiles fired to Iran will be from subs and see vessels, not short range missiles based in Iraq.

You are either a young guy that knows muck or have been severely brainwashed.* And if you think that breaking laws of a country to protect, I guess you don't deserve protection from either any external or internal threats.* BTW, read a *dirty word* book about what happened in Germany in the 30s.
First of all, i respected your opinions and your person in all my posts. Plz do the same.

''Lebanon and Syria were at least once part of the same country, the Ottoman empire''.
That logic doesn't work. It is like saying that france and morocco were once part of the same country, the roman empire. I hope you don't seriously beleive that.

:roflol: You forgive me? you come and teach me about my homelands' history and tell me that you forgive me and call me brainwashed too LOL.

you said :''1) The Bush administration did nothing to liberate Lebanon. ''

I said : '' The US made 1559''

You said : ''About Lebanon, I forgive you, but, how what you said is any different from what I said?''

''United Nations Security Council Resolution 1559 was a resolution adopted by the United Nations Security Council on September 2, 2004. It called upon Syria to end its military presence in Lebanon by withdrawing its forces and to cease intervening in internal Lebanese politics. The resolution also called on all Lebanese militias (including Hezbollah) to disband.''

The resolution was sponsored by France and the UNITED STATES.

Link\

Notice the date precedes the assassination by 6months.

Does that look the same to you?

There were US flags in the cedar revolution. And for once they weren't burning --> Brent Sadler said that.

How does it feel to be burnt by a young guy who knows muck?

BTW ''You are either a young guy that knows muck or have been severely brainwashed'' --> that's my cue. I am not as forgiving as you are.
It is a shame you are not capable of an adult conversation because i can still burn you so many times. It still was nice.

Plz don't close it for flaming. I don't have the intention to reply anymore.
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 17-04-2006, 03:48 AM   #43
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

''Lebanon and Syria were at least once part of the same country, the Ottoman empire''.
That logic doesn't work. It is like saying that france and morocco were once part of the same country, the roman empire. I hope you don't seriously beleive that.
hysterical.gif You forgive me? you come and teach me about my homelands' history and tell me that you forgive me and call me brainwashed too laughing.gif.
------------------------

While that would count too, you forget that the Ottoman empire died about 80 years ago, not more than a thousand years.

Yes, I do forgive you. And it does look like you need history lessons about your country. homeland? who the *meep* calls his country homeland? You might as well call it fatherland.

About the US and Lebanon, again you make the same point without it being different from my own. The US did help, the US did not liberate Lebanon. If you follow the same logic then every single UN member that supported the resolution liberated Lebanon. But they didn't.
Never mind the fact that Lebanon is still barely less than a puppet of Syria.

you said: How does it feel to be burnt by a young guy who knows muck?

---------
Who said I give a **** about how old you are? I clearly said that for someone to have opinions like yours and express them in such a way must be either young or brainwashed. I don't care if you believe in fairy tales or that the world was created 150 years ago. That is your problem. If you feel I got "burnt" by your comments you have even more issues than previously thought.

efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 17-04-2006, 04:39 AM   #44
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

xcom freak, efthimios: You 2 are going to kill the F**king topic with your flaming, tone it down for christ sakes this is a topic i actually enjoy

besides you 2 are

were talking about G. Dubya not the middle east

Quote:
Bush regulates everything.
Um yeah G dubya does have control of mostly everything because most of the people in his organization were hand picked by him and his people will say yes to each person he chooses

he freaking changed the constitution man
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy
Old 17-04-2006, 05:21 AM   #45
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by xcom freak@Apr 16 2006, 04:20 AM
that's how i see it :

1-[snipped, as I cannot comment on this, for lack of knowledge]

2-The Bush administration secured resources for the US for at least the next century. The oil in Iraq will soon be flowing in US fuel depot. It is IMMORAL but It is genius.

3-By invading Irak, the US now have troops and outposts at Iran, china and syria's doorsteps. You should keep a close eye on your potential ennemies. It is IMMORAL because of civilianl and military losses but it is still a very smart strategical move.

4-Afghanistan is the biggest opium producer and most of the money was going to the taliban. And We are talking about a sh$t load of money. He wanted to stop that. It is immoral to invade but it is a smart move.

I am not a huge Bush fan because most of his actions break a lot of ethics. But in the long run, this administration is giving the US hegemony a couple more centurys.
Traitor, maybe as a world leader part of the UN. But as a US president i have to say that it is Selfish Patriotism and a lot of it.
2) He did not secure oil resources for the US. He secured profits for US oil companies. The oil companies will make the same amount of money if Iraqi oil goes to China, or the US, so if China or some other country will pay more for the oil than americans, that country, not the US, will get the oil.

3) The US does not have enough troops in Iraq to do anything other than try to wipe out the insurgents, and it is questionable if they even have enough troops on the ground to do that.

4) The only thing that the Taliban did that ever earned them any respect is that they actually did temperarily stamp out the opium trade. Since the taliban was pushed from power, cultivation of the opium poppy has resumed to pre-taliban levels.

The Bush administration has not done much to preserve american hegemony. It cannot last for centuries, as the economic problems of the US will eventually cripple it as an economic powerhouse. The first problem is the national debt. At nearly eight trillion dollars ($8,000,000,000,000), they are rapidly approaching the point where they cannot borrow more money without amending the constitution. The US will soon have to hike up taxes to cover the interest, let alone pay down the debt.

The other severe economic problem is the huge trade deficit. The US imports alot more than it exports. The US dollar is already softening from its former status as the hard currency of choice, and the screws will really be put to the US when (if?) oil trade moves to the much harder euro. Without the artificial demand for US dollars provided by the oil exchanges, the US dollar will begin to fall until US exports equal the value of US imports. This will hurt the little guy, as the US imports most of its consumer goods. The double whammy is that once the US dollar starts to really decline, the US will have a harder time financing its debt.

A looming disaster for americans is high taxes to pay foreign creditors, at the same time as large cost of living increases, and really expensive gasoline. Not that americans will be the only ones to suffer. Canada and Mexico will also be in trouble.
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 17-04-2006, 05:40 AM   #46
xcom freak
Games Master

the 3 points you presented are arguable.
But the economy analysis you made is quite convincing, made me rethink things. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 17-04-2006, 10:24 AM   #47
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
The ottoman empire until 1918 when they were divided by french and english govs as war spoils. Roman empire with france and morroco at same rank inside the empire was NEVER. Anyway Roman empire from Occ last to 476. Plus that the roman france isnt the same france, its the Galia(Syria and Lebannon are the same of the ottoman empire)
I hope that u just made a mistake about it.

Quote:

''United Nations Security Council Resolution 1559 was a resolution adopted by the United Nations Security Council on September 2, 2004. It called upon Syria to end its military presence in Lebanon by withdrawing its forces and to cease intervening in internal Lebanese politics. The resolution also called on all Lebanese militias (including Hezbollah) to disband.''

The resolution was sponsored by France and the UNITED STATES.
I got bad new to you if a Un resolution is only sponssored by two countries, its a joke. To make a UN resolution u need to be aproved by the general assambley and not rejected by the 5 nuclear powers of the Security counsil. To made this possible i should have the resolution approved in the respective comission. For this last, u need that the pre-resolution is supported by at least 23 countries(it change all time, so it can be more or less, but i am used the more "normal" number that i remember), for make a pre-resolution u need 6 sponsors to presents your statments. So you are missing at least 4 more sponsors + all the supporters + the fact that without the apporval of most of the nations it can be an UN´s resolution + an approved resolution not comes with the min of supporter and sponsors.

Quote:
Bush is not just breaking "ethics" as you call them, but also little things called LAWS, both international and more importantly, american laws and its constitution. Bush in the long run is screwing the power of the USA in the world, making it lose power in all fields.
American laws should be UNDER international laws. Its true that US never jointed the any human rights protections systems of the world but if US done that their laws will be under the human rights convetions

Quote:
That guy is screwing the whole World for US's sake. And we should be angry with his politics because well we are the rest of the world. But as a US president i'd think twice before condeming him. Patriot act breaks laws but it was implemented to protect.*
If you say that Bush break laws as patriotism act and that is ok. Nazi were also ok, Osama Bin Laden is ok, ETA is ok, 11-9 was just a normal war action. The killers and cowards use the patriotism and religion to cover their crimes and if u can see this last, u are completly brainwashed. Not cuz i dont accept any arguing to this. You are brainwashed cuz to justify Bush, u will justify anything.[
Old 17-04-2006, 06:29 PM   #48
xcom freak
Games Master

I didn't get the first paragraph too much bad english. Anyway, even if they were the same country under an empire (whatever) that doesn't in anyway justify the syrian rule of lebanon + Ottoman empire was divided in districts not countrys.
and your logic still states that Galia and morocco were the same country.

''Roman empire with france and morroco at same rank inside the empire was NEVER.'' k:

come on guys you are killing me here Plz read the link. it was put by france and US and voted by the rest of the UN as a resolution.

The media is against Bush. So everyday you hear that he is a Nazi , a bastard and his administration will doom the world. And everybody thinks that. And i am brainwashed ??? By who?? If anybody is brainwashed here it is you by the media and every person who dislikes the man and there are a lot.
Old 17-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #49
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

None of you can deny Bush is the sexiest man alive.
I have first hand experience.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 18-04-2006, 08:24 AM   #50
Juni Ori
Forum hobbit

Quote:
President of the United States, but he should be the president of Finland* * [ 1 ]* * [2.50%]
Now I'm offended... who the hell is responsible? issed: And what so bad we've done to anyone to deserve that???
Juni Ori is offline                         Send a private message to Juni Ori