Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Shall I get an Xbox 360 or remain loyal to just PC games (+DS)
Get the Xbox360 (if you can) 11 25.58%
Don't, why bother with it? 25 58.14%
Buy a GC/PS2/Xbox instead! 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-11-2005, 07:48 PM   #21
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Still there are better games that translate better on console and likewise on the pc, fighting games for example are horrible on the pc while much better on the console, same with wrestling games, which is still fighting, same with sports games, you ever play madden with keyboard or nhl? Good luck, same with like rts games on pc do better than on console side, although with revolution it may change. :bleh:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 18-11-2005, 07:49 PM   #22
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathDude@Nov 18 2005, 08:48 PM
Still there are better games that translate better on console and likewise on the pc, fighting games for example are horrible on the pc while much better on the console, same with wrestling games, which is still fighting, same with sports games, you ever play madden with keyboard or nhl? Good luck, same with like rts games on pc do better than on console side, although with revolution it may change. :bleh:
It's quite simple to deal with that problem. Gamepads are inexpensive and you can get them with the same layouts as console controllers and many others.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 18-11-2005, 07:50 PM   #23
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Why would I want to do RTS on a console where you have to play tons to go online? I like pcs best. Much more multi-tasking possibilities.
Old 18-11-2005, 07:53 PM   #24
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

There seems to be ALOT of bias in this thread.
Instead of just saying what's equivelant to "it's going to suck" or "I don't like it, so don't buy it" maybe you should give him some valid reasons.

The only reason not to buy this is because of the price, quite expensive.
And who said it was going to be the loser? So far it has a nearly record breaking amount of pre-orders, meaning this system is going to have a fantastic kick-start, and all the launch titles are great, Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, Call Of Duty 2, Gun, and a crap-load of other stuff.

Along with that, just look at a in-game video of one of the various games (check out Gamespot) and tell me you do not want this system.
Call Of Duty 2 actually runs smoother than it does on a high-end PC system, so that's enough reason to check it out, forget updating your computer, that'd be more expensive than anything out there.
The Xbox will most likely keep you from having to bother with any need for good-looking visuals, not only that, but Oblivion is coming out for the system too, and it'll be easier to play it on the system than on the PC, as said before, updating sucks.

The negatives are a few, it's hard to judge which system you should buy now, because none of the others have been released, nor have there been any hands on experiences (except for the Revolution) so I suggest you play it safe and wait to find out which system beats out all the others.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 18-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #25
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by win98@Nov 18 2005, 07:14 PM
Playstation is cooler and better than X-Box
coming from the man whose nick is win98 LOL
Stebbi is offline                         Send a private message to Stebbi
Old 18-11-2005, 08:03 PM   #26
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Stebbi+Nov 18 2005, 04:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stebbi @ Nov 18 2005, 04:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-win98@Nov 18 2005, 07:14 PM
Playstation is cooler and better than X-Box
coming from the man whose nick is win98 LOL [/b][/quote]
Why is it cooler and better?
Hey, it's also kinda pointless to buy a older console, yes it is cheaper, but those consoles are at the end of their life, so it'd be useless to get one now, when the game income slows down.

My Site -
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 18-11-2005, 08:57 PM   #27
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Nov 18 2005, 09:03 PM
Hey, it's also kinda pointless to buy a older console, yes it is cheaper, but those consoles are at the end of their life, so it'd be useless to get one now, when the game income slows down.
okay......
Stebbi is offline                         Send a private message to Stebbi
Old 18-11-2005, 10:50 PM   #28
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Stick with PC, Xbox is overated, the only really good Xbox exclusive game they have is Halo.

And with PC you wan't have to always pay to play online also, a huge bonus.

I'd rather pay 500 dollars and get a top of the line Nvidia graphics card then pay 500 dollars annd get some stupid Xbox, especially if I'm going to be hooking it up to my computer monitor anyways.
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 18-11-2005, 11:19 PM   #29
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by moogle@Nov 18 2005, 06:50 PM
Stick with PC, Xbox is overated, the only really good Xbox exclusive game they have is Halo.
So that leaves out Ninja Gaiden Black?
How about Far Cry Instincts?
I guess that means the original Ninja Gaiden sucks too.
Maybe even Escape From Butcher Bay!
I guess MechAssualt falls into that category too.
Oh, don't forget Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge.
Dead Or Alive Ultimate too!
Wow, Deathrow too!
Ooh, remember Genma Onimusha is crap too!
I didn't know Oddworld : Stranger's Wrath sucked!
Or even Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders!
Throw Jade Empire in there too please.

I don't see what you mean Moogle.

My Site -
Old 19-11-2005, 04:02 AM   #30
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Well apparently on nintendo revolution it will be free to play games online using their service so I've heard and downloads for old games will cost somewhere around 3-5 bucks I think per game, I think Nintendo has the most to gain and is generating a lot of hype with the system, getting a lot of praise from developers.

And paying 500 for a video card? Whoa I mean honestly getting a top of the line video card now a days is just pointless as like 5 months down the road the developers have come up with something much better.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude