Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-08-2004, 01:26 AM   #1
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

This game isn't as good as I thought it would be. It still was fun but still. You really couldn't see the ragdoll effects cause the monsters would eather gib (more like liquify lol), or dissolve into dust. Most of the rooms looked the same so it got repetitive. And the multiplayer sucked. The biggest prob is the fact that the mapper is the most confusing thing ever. I can't wait till HL2, World Craft (Hammer) is soo much easier to use. The one thing Doom3 did good the most is models, and lighting.
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 31-08-2004, 07:52 AM   #2
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I have heard many mixed reviews of Doom3. Some disliked it going into the game but warmed up to its atmosphere later on. Other were enthousiastic when they got the game but were dissapointed by it after playing for a few hours.

I haven't played it myself so I cannot comment on it other then to say Doom3 was developed to be able to sell the engine. I am told it is highly scallable making it a dream for developers.
The Price of 60Euro for the game is far too high for me.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 31-08-2004, 08:32 AM   #3
FreeFreddy

Well, the German online magazine Giga reviewed it shortly before it came out - they said too, that Doom 3 gets repetative at later levels. They are all alsmost same looking, so it's only amazing at begin and stops to be that later... B)

Old 01-09-2004, 02:01 AM   #4
The_EgAt
Abandonia nerd

I liked it to begin with, but then it got repetitive and I have barely touched it since...
The_EgAt is offline                         Send a private message to The_EgAt