Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-11-2006, 07:04 PM   #11
jeppe93

mmm'kay that last post was way to complicated for me to understand...
jeppe93 is offline                         Send a private message to jeppe93
Old 24-11-2006, 07:31 PM   #12
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Off the topic
You avatar is Che Guevara when he was young?
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 25-11-2006, 12:06 AM   #13
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

It is because the game is based on Journey to the West story and legend of Sun Wukong. If you visit the wikipedia article link posted, I think there is a link to Journey to the West article. I am too lazy to check the article myself, so what I say is here is mostly from what I remember from the comic books on top of my head. The story supposedly happened during the Tang Dynasty, about a journey from China (East) to India (West) to get some Buddhist scriptures. So west here refers to India, which is west of China, instead of referring to western countries.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 25-11-2006, 12:34 PM   #14

That is a good game, alot played by me, when i was young, it wasn't populair or sumtin, In Holland we got all games cracked via via via.

Old 25-11-2006, 01:17 PM   #15
Office_Monk
Game freak

Quote:
You have three characters to choose from, but they basically have the same moves, which is a slight downside. [/b]
I disagree: the execution of moves is the same, but the three characters have different, nicely animated, moves.
Office_Monk is offline                         Send a private message to Office_Monk
Old 30-11-2006, 08:56 AM   #16
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Wow! I loved this game, and all things Monkey when I was little. In retrospect it looks like this game is loosely based on the old 80's Hong Kong television series - because Monkey is in the same costume, as is Pigsy and Tripitaka, but I've no idea why the Monk is wearing a crown as a Chibi. Actually nor do I have any idea why Monkey's fighting Pigsy in the screenshots included in the game, but Hiegh Ho!

Artistic license and all that
Old 24-08-2007, 05:52 PM   #17

Who is the composer of this game's music? I was really lover of its tune on that age then.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #18
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lulu_Jane @ Nov 30 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]269382[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Actually nor do I have any idea why Monkey's fighting Pigsy in the screenshots included in the game, but Hiegh Ho!
[/b]
Ah, that's because you can only select the three heroes if you play in the VS mode, so they will have to fight eachother (that's why they are fighting against one another in the screenshot). They could have been fighting the baddies together as well (in cooperation mode - it's all in the review).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 18-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #19
jc23
Lurker

I found an "easter egg" in the game

In the stage which pits you against the seven sisters who later turn into huge spiders, there is a section in which in the background you can see what looks like a path leading up ='': .

It is just the background, you can stay in the middle of the screen, and after battling all demons you will reach the next section as usual. But if you stand in that path (actually you will not notice anything unusual, it will look like you are only stepping on the background), you will have to fight an extra section preceded by a picture of ... the seven sisters skinny dipping, all looking at you wide-eyed (this actually happened in the novel, when Bajie was spotted by the sisters). Not much, but it looks pretty good when I played it 7 years ago lol.
jc23 is offline                         Send a private message to jc23