Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #21
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Thanks to Mike Burrows you can now play this game with 3 new courses (check out the extras).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 13-04-2006, 04:04 PM   #22
Elwing

Hehe, I'm one more person who has played this game as a kid.
Couldn't remeber the name but just looking at the pictures I immedialty recognise WCLB. I used to love the comments when sritking against the tree, scoring or when the ball was going under water...
The nostalgy strikes again LOL
Elwing is offline                         Send a private message to Elwing
Old 13-04-2006, 07:19 PM   #23
wayne

what a cool selection!

I played it as a little child while my father was explaining some golf rules to me.
He better should not have done that - I got better and beat him nearly every time.
The good old days - fine game

Old 14-04-2006, 06:04 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Apr 13 2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks to Mike Burrows you can now play this game with 3 new courses (check out the extras).
Thank you Mike Burrows!

Old 26-04-2006, 03:14 AM   #25
STorm
Ahhhh, those were the days, 'sigh'. Like one of the previous persons to post, I use to play this classic game on my brothers C64. I only had a Sinclair Spectrum to play games on, (for those of you in the USA it was a massively popular home computer in the UK in the 80's) so I envied my brother being able to play this and some of the other great games for the C64. Leaderboard revolutionised golf games at that time and is rightly a classic for a number of reasons, it had good game physics for the ball with wind, hook and slice effecting it, and also it had good graphics and most importantly of all, great, great playability, with ease of use and the golf swing meter must have had alot to do with.

Old 30-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #26

best golf game ever forever standing the test of time

Old 22-09-2006, 07:35 AM   #27

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 19 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]208702[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
thanks
[/b]
Hi guys -I remember this was the first PC game I ever played, back when I had an 80865, with 2, 5 1/4in floppy drivers, a 40mb HDD and a Hercules green-screen monitor! Loved it though, and I still remember it with great fondness. Only trouble is... wonder if anyone can help here. I managed to get the game downloaded fine etc., but it appears to be simply stuck on the intro screen and refuses to do anything else. Any thoughts / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best
Scott

Old 22-09-2006, 11:24 AM   #28
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Are you using DosBox? It usually helps with this sort of problems...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #29
UnconformistSheep
Forum hobbit

I used to play this game on my father's Amstrad PC when I was no more than 8 years old.

Compared to the games at the time, I found the sound and graphics of the scenery to be absolutely spectacular. The voice was also pretty cool; not many games had human voice. I just tried PGA Tour Golf from this site, and I think it still has an edge over that younger game in some departments, like sound.

I think, at the time, it even taught me a general intuition about what golf clubs were better at which distance, though I couldn't tell you now. heh
UnconformistSheep is offline                         Send a private message to UnconformistSheep