Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-06-2007, 03:43 PM   #61
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It is not a DOS game.
Therefore, it will not work in DOSBox.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-06-2007, 05:44 AM   #62

[quote]
you have a folder with file .dll is in the game.you have to copy this file to a sub-folder of your windows .I think it was a folder with the name system or system32.
where is the folder .dll plz tell me i want to play this game

Old 27-06-2007, 12:40 PM   #63
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

A directory with the neccesary DLLs comes in the game archive as far as I know.

And it's not named .dll. It contains several files with extension of DLL in it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-07-2007, 03:37 AM   #64
kn0bi

wow. this game is great. theres just one flaw: i tried beating it for 2 days now, until i realised its impossible.

1) one day without help. no win, no point.

2) then: ok, lets read the faq. no win, no point.

3) ok, as described earlier here maybe im to dumb to handle all that race thing so lets stay out of it and let it just be calculated. no win.

4) ok, instead of going testting lets just load the optimized xxx.csu files for each race

i didnt win a single race. ever. i didnt even win a single point. regardless of difficulty / team / car / custom imba settings everything to 5 stars.

now i tried cheating
i pick schumi, boost him the 2 missing points in luck&exp, make the engine 5 stars. get myself some extra $$$. then i hire 50 des, eng and mecs coming with me to the race (does it actually do something?!?), all best parts, all aids lvl10.

guess what: i get the pole with 20 (!!!!!) seconds ahead. so far so good.
but then i finish the race 9th (!!!!!) with -2 laps.

i tried this several times, it was no bad luck. custom race, calculated race, many stops, some stops, no stops whatever....
i just never get to win any race.

i tried 1.02 and 1.02b.

anyone got any idea ?
kn0bi is offline                         Send a private message to kn0bi
Old 19-07-2007, 04:35 AM   #65
Mafio Privatorio

So.. Is there any solution to the sound issue? Some people seem to have sound but won't tell the rest how to get it.. I for one would like to hear something in this game..

Old 21-08-2007, 12:47 PM   #66
Guest_edge_*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mafio Privatorio @ Jul 19 2007, 05:35 AM) [snapback]300129[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
So.. Is there any solution to the sound issue? Some people seem to have sound but won't tell the rest how to get it.. I for one would like to hear something in this game..
[/b]
For those with dll problem :

When you install game on your HD there is directory (c:\games\grand prix manager2\system) .. from system copy all dll files to c:\your windows directory\system32. That should solve.

For those with sound problem :

Some onboard sound cards do not work. Try to install older drivers.

Old 14-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #67

Is there a possibility to change the game language? Due to the fact that my English skills are not the world's best I would like to play the game in German language

Old 30-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #68

Hi,

i have windows xp and i cannot get this game to work. I have set all the compatabilibty settings to 256 colours changed it to run in windows 95 and changed the screen dimensions but it still wont work. I dont understand where you have to copy these dll files to and where to find them. Could somebody please explain to a non computer person how to run this game in xp. Thanks,

you can email me if you want at e-mail removed

thanks

harry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not post your e-mail in the public forum. Thank you

Old 30-09-2007, 05:12 PM   #69

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 30 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]313968[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi,

i have windows xp and i cannot get this game to work. I have set all the compatabilibty settings to 256 colours changed it to run in windows 95 and changed the screen dimensions but it still wont work. I dont understand where you have to copy these dll files to and where to find them. Could somebody please explain to a non computer person how to run this game in xp. Thanks,

you can email me if you want at e-mail removed

thanks

harry
[/b]
it says it cannot load in the 16 bit windows subsystem because it is a win32 dll

Old 11-10-2007, 03:19 PM   #70
Guest_paul_*

can this game be run in vista at all because i have tried changing compatabillitys and installed dlls but it still says gpm.exe stoped working but will not tell me why