Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Default Crisis in the Kremlin

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and download (if available)
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 17-07-2009, 05:08 AM   #2
Al-Ibrahim

There's a 1.01 patch for it located here: http://www.filefront.com/citk101zip/.../fileinfo.html

As a note, the .DAT files (if you open them with Notepad) have quite a few things that aren't in the game, like decisions over the Ukraine, situations between Romania and Moldavia, various foreign relations issues, etc. It seems the game was rushed, which sucks because the game would have been that much more fun if it hadn't been.
Al-Ibrahim is offline                         Send a private message to Al-Ibrahim
Old 10-08-2010, 05:47 AM   #3
cary123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Ibrahim View Post
There's a 1.01 patch for it located here: http://www.filefront.com/citk101zip/.../fileinfo.html

As a note, the .DAT files (if you open them with Notepad) have quite a few things that aren't in the game, like decisions over the Ukraine, situations between Romania and Moldavia, various foreign relations issues, etc. It seems the game was rushed, which sucks because the game would have been that much more fun if it hadn't been.
That gives me a idea, anyone want to try and finish this game?
cary123 is offline                         Send a private message to cary123
Old 19-08-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

you actually expect someone to de-compile it, figure out the code and then make new stuff?=P

i guess that person would have to be very enthusiastic
Old 13-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
TCD

Can somebody please help?

I've played in the past this game. Gone to re-download and for some bloody reason the game no longer is playable. Instead all it keeps saying is paper.scr can't be established and the same thing happens with Fax.Scr.

I really want to play the game, please somebody help. Please.
TCD is offline                         Send a private message to TCD
Old 01-05-2012, 03:50 AM   #6
peyre
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Skype™ to peyre
Default Game Download

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Can somebody please help?

I've played in the past this game. Gone to re-download and for some bloody reason the game no longer is playable. Instead all it keeps saying is paper.scr can't be established and the same thing happens with Fax.Scr.

I really want to play the game, please somebody help. Please.
Try my Crisis site: http://peyre.x10.mx/Kremlin/index.htm
peyre is offline                         Send a private message to peyre
Old 22-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyre View Post
I've done that but it still doesn't work on Dosbox, still the same issue. Do you have a fix for this error?
Old 22-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyre View Post
Yeah, I've downloaded it from there and it hasn't worked still. Do you have any solutions to this issue?
Old 11-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #9
peyre
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Skype™ to peyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Yeah, I've downloaded it from there and it hasn't worked still. Do you have any solutions to this issue?
Argh! Sorry for the late reply to this. No, I've never encountered any trouble getting it to run in DOSBox--at least not in Ubuntu.

That's very strange. I wondered if there was a problem with the .zip files on my site (maybe a corrupt file in there?), but they seem just fine. I downloaded both the patched 1.01 and original 1.00 versions and they ran successfully in DOSBox with generic settings.
peyre is offline                         Send a private message to peyre
Old 17-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #10
Victor1
Default Great game ruined by the Budget

I really enjoy casual strategy games, and especially political strategy games. But they are few and far between.

A good strategy game should be, in my humble opinion, a "big picture" kind of game. But almost every strategy game out there today is based on a grinding micromanagement.

So I kind of hoped Crisis in the Kremlin would be different. And it almost was! It was the Budget action that turned me away from this game. Instead of just asking the player for a few general budget decisions, the player is forced to make decisions like: Do I spend 167 rubles for defense, or 168 rubles? Then do I spend 234 rubles for Transportation, or 235 rubles? Or maybe just 233? And on and on it goes. Why so unnecessarily complicated?

Now understand, I'm not complaining! After all, Abandonia kindly provided me this game for free. I guess I'd just like to point out this general micromanagement problem, and then maybe ask the board for suggestions of good strategy games without micromanagement.