Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 20-09-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
styer27

Send a message via AIM to styer27 Send a message via MSN to styer27

It started off great. but the bad blue esa dot started infecting everything in its path, this combined with the dreaded $ sign meant the death of many a game on this site.

Its getting out of hand, sometimes i have to skip a whole page of unavailable games on your site, im here for the downloadable games, not the advertisements or reviews. I have about 5 games in my folders from your site that are now unavailable. X-com terror from the deep is just one example, why would X-com 1 and 3 be available but not 2?

Ive probably downloaded about 200 games of your site in the past, and recommended this site too all my friends who ask about free games, but im really off it now, if the games are labeled esa or $ then get rid of them, they waste space and time, sometimes i spend like 30mins reading about a game before i finally try to DL it then im shocked too see its not available, :wallbash: now all i do is look for the little damn blue dot all the time but only to be stopped by the damn $ sign. :wallbash: Im not sure exactly the percentages but it seems like 50% of games are unavailable. Maybe you should change your motto to : "Abandonia - home of SOME abandonware DOS games"

Please fix the problem, its getting worse and worse.
styer27 is offline                         Send a private message to styer27
Old 20-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #2
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Whether or not you choose to read them, a lot of work has gone into the reviews. I'd have to say that that's a major reason why reviews of ESA-protected games are still around. "Fixing" the problem, by deleting those reviews, is not likely to happen.
Old 20-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #3
punch999
The true Shadow President

I think your missing something. Those reviews were around back WHEN the games WERE downloadable.
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 20-09-2007, 11:12 PM   #4
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

You should respect other people's work. Go away if you don't like it. If we would offer protected games, you couldn't download any game in a short time. If we would take the reviews off, much done work would be useless. If we would offer sold games, you maybe couldn't download any game in a short time and we would harm the sales, and we want to support them because we like games and don't want them to become unprofitable and therefore non-produced. You should gather information and use your brain before writing something like that, and you have the wrong attitude for this site. Excuse me for having to say this.
Old 21-09-2007, 03:29 AM   #5
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I thought the general idea of the site was to preserve these games - having them available for download where possible is a glorious bonus.

Also, "being infected by the blue dot" has allowed Abandonia to keep on the good side of The Powers That Be and continue to provide such bonuses, so far as I know
Old 21-09-2007, 03:32 AM   #6
styer27

Reviews? games are left there just for reviews?? :blink:

I was expecting something a bit more substantial than that, but whatever, i was only expressing my opinion towards this esa crap, like today i go to DL an old classic called civilization 2 from the site, i DLed this ages ago but now i have a new cpu, now the damn thing is unavailble, the 2nd most popular game on this site! whats next? X-com? i came here for that game, fell in love with the site and been coming back ever since, and it is still number 1 DLed game.

I find your attitudes toward me quite insulting .... go somewhere else you say? i have the wrong attitude for this site ........ WTF!? i was DLing from this site before you all even got your jobs here! i was one of the lads who helped make this site what it is like 5 years ago or something, i come here to DL nearly every day, i dont speak on forums much, but when i do speak i expect to be treated like a human being, not a piece of crap. But i guess your precious reviews are more important than loyal customers. If thats the case, i see abandonia fading away ............
Old 21-09-2007, 03:38 AM   #7
dosraider
Dismembered.

Yeah, you're right styer27.
Demand a refund.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 21-09-2007, 03:40 AM   #8
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Styer27
Loyal customers
With all respect, if you are getting something for free, you're not exactly a customer...
Old 21-09-2007, 04:08 AM   #9
styer27

No mate, but if im downloading games and hitting advertisement tabs, then i certainly am. Anyone who does these things provide abandonia with its income, so they are customers. Anything else intelligent to say apart from insulting my way of speaking?

Anyway, why all the attention on me, the subject is esa, you guys remind me of my family, always twisting everything i say into a personal attack.

If you dont have something nice to say, shut the &#@% up!
Old 21-09-2007, 04:18 AM   #10
Tahtsel

If you wanna download protected games why don't you just [MEEEP] or something like that instead of compromising decent sites?

No providing advice on how to get warez. - TFH
Tahtsel is offline                         Send a private message to Tahtsel
Closed Thread