Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Which is a better HORROR movie?
NOTD (Night of the living dead) 5 16.67%
Alien 25 83.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-11-2005, 10:57 PM   #51
JimmyJ
Game Wizzard

Depends if it is someone you knew or not...
JimmyJ is offline                         Send a private message to JimmyJ
Old 17-11-2005, 11:04 PM   #52
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Nov 18 2005, 12:39 AM
To Romero Theory: That isn't true, it's scarier to be eaten by a zombie than killed by someone else, , that's just a fact of life.
Of course. Just keep on being more afraid of zombies and space aliens than of actual, real world people and their stupidity, greed and anger...

I guess all those media-theorists should've just asked you instead of analyzing those movies then...
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 17-11-2005, 11:06 PM   #53
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Well, don't forget the social implications in the NOTD series as well...

the racial issues in the first film, for example. I enjoy how Romero keeps evolving them to keep up with the times, the 80's paranoia and fear of military oppression in day of the dead for another example.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 17-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #54
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Day Of The Dead had a excellent storyline in my opinion, others didn't like it as much.

@Chuck: You aren't on topic, the topic was putting yourself in their place, and if you were in their place, the first thing would be survival from the zombies, the second priority would be survival from your fellow humans.

And the media theorists can kiss it along with you, and all your little "holier than thou" attitudes.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 17-11-2005, 11:54 PM   #55
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Nov 18 2005, 01:26 AM
And the media theorists can kiss it along with you, and all your little "holier than thou" attitudes.
"Hey, pottie! Here's kettle! Guess what, you're black!"...

Quote:
@Chuck: You aren't on topic, the topic was putting yourself in their place, and if you were in their place, the first thing would be survival from the zombies, the second priority would be survival from your fellow humans.
No, that was not the topic. The topic was that Romero himself intended the zombies not to be the "the real threat" in his movies. He even says so himself. It's not about wether one WOULD worry more about his fellow humans than about the zombies. It's about that in these movies, one SHOULD.
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 18-11-2005, 12:05 AM   #56
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

So he failed at his goal?
Because I fear those zombies more than the other crack-heads in the film.
And to add on to that, who said I was discussing Romero's theory? I just simply said that zombies would be scarier than people, period.

My Site -
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 18-11-2005, 12:15 AM   #57
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Nov 18 2005, 02:05 AM
Oh well, if that is YOUR personal opinion, it must be an universal truth and apply to anybody then. Sorry for argueing about that...

Quote:
And to add on to that, who said I was discussing Romero's theory?
You were replying to my post on Romero's intentions. Go figure.
Old 18-11-2005, 12:22 AM   #58
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck the plant+Nov 17 2005, 08:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chuck the plant @ Nov 17 2005, 08:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Blood-Pigggy@Nov 18 2005, 02:05 AM
Oh well, if that is YOUR personal opinion, it must be an universal truth and apply to anybody then. Sorry for argueing about that...

Quote:
And to add on to that, who said I was discussing Romero's theory?
You were replying to my post on Romero's intentions. Go figure. [/b][/quote]
I was replying to the section of the post on which scared us more, since that was the original point of this entire thread.

And it's not my opinion, because if his goal was for the audience to feel tense about the human relations, he failed in providing that emotion to me, and therefore failed in his attempts to scare ME.
And since all you're doing is picking out the little nit-picks in my posts, I'm going to cease posting towards any of your comments, since they don't advance this discussion any further, and they simply loop over and over.

P.S. - How do you know what I'm replying to if I have the power to reply to anything I want? I say "I'm talking about this" and you say "No, you're talking about THIS" like it's some universal law that everything has to be directed by you.

My Site -
Old 18-11-2005, 12:24 AM   #59
JimmyJ
Game Wizzard

It depends on how they use the term "Zombie". There are several types of zombie, but realy, now they are just dumb.... Who knows how using the word "zombie" in a certain incarnation is correct..hmmm, lets see, the dictinary defines it as : A snake god of voodoo cults in West Africa, Haiti, and the southern United States;(2) A supernatural power that according to voodoo belif can enter and reanimate a corpse;(3) A corpse reanimated to a trancelike state and made to do teh bidding of a supernatural power;(4) One who behaves like an automaton;(5) A tall drink made from various rums, liqueur, and fruit juice.

PS Didn't jsut read your PS, piggie, so this is not replying to that, but I agree with your PS
JimmyJ is offline                         Send a private message to JimmyJ
Old 18-11-2005, 12:25 AM   #60
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by JimmyJ@Nov 17 2005, 08:24 PM
It depends on how they use the term "Zombie". There are several types of zombie, but realy, now they are just dumb.... Who knows how using the word "zombie" in a certain incarnation is correct..hmmm, lets see, the dictinary defines it as : A snake god of voodoo cults in West Africa, Haiti, and the southern United States;(2) A supernatural power that according to voodoo belif can enter and reanimate a corpse;(3) A corpse reanimated to a trancelike state and made to do teh bidding of a supernatural power;(4) One who behaves like an automaton;(5) A tall drink made from various rums, liqueur, and fruit juice.

PS Didn't jsut read your PS, piggie, so this is not replying to that, but I agree with your PS
I like that last one. About the drink that is, k:

My Site -
Closed Thread