Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-08-2010, 05:44 AM   #1
tgp1994

Default tgp1994 - Streets of Sim City - A true classic by Maxis!

Streets of Sim City
Developed/Published by Maxis

This is one of those games that absolutely blew my mind when I was a kid. See, this was when Maxis was in its prime. They had their "touch" to how games should be made. Not only is driving cars with rocket launchers completely awesome, but also the fact that you can make maps in Sim city 2000, and drive in them with SOSC adds to the coolness of this game.

If you have never played, or even heard of this game, I highly suggest you download it. (Also play SimCopter if you haven't before.)

Last edited by tgp1994; 11-08-2010 at 06:07 PM.
tgp1994 is offline                         Send a private message to tgp1994
Old 11-08-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgp1994 View Post

This is one of those games that absolutely blew my mind when I was a kid. See, this was when Maxis was in its prime. They had their "touch" to how games should be made. Not only is driving cars with rocket launchers completely awesome, but also the fact that you can make maps in Sim city 2000, and drive in them with SOSC adds to the coolness of this game.

If you have never played, or even heard of this game, I highly suggest you download it. (Also play SimCopter if you haven't before.)

(Am I supposed to upload it in this thread?)
How many MBs does the archive have?
Old 11-08-2010, 05:58 AM   #3
tgp1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
How many MBs does the archive have?
I could do Zip, Tar, and 7z formats, but doing Zip will compress it down to 23.8 MB.

I didn't notice this before, but it comes with the Sim City Urban Renewal Kit (SCURK), which allows you to build Sim City 2000 maps without the actual SC2K game.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:10 AM   #4
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
I could do Zip, Tar, and 7z formats, but doing Zip will compress it down to 23.8 MB.

I didn't notice this before, but it comes with the Sim City Urban Renewal Kit (SCURK), which allows you to build Sim City 2000 maps without the actual SC2K game.
I'll send you the FTP access, where you can upload it. Then we'll search for a reviewer, which can take a lot of time.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
Professor Oak
Home Sweet Abandonia

You'll have to wait a few years for the Streets of SimCity to become unprotected with the date for that being Halloween 2012.
Professor Oak is offline                         Send a private message to Professor Oak
Old 11-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

For some reason I thought it was approved and that's why he offered it. My mistake.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #7
tgp1994

Quote:
For some reason I thought it was approved and that's why he offered it. My mistake.
Oh... that sucks. Who would really care if we distributed it, anyways? It's not like Maxis/Electronic Arts are making a profit off of the game anymore.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:26 AM   #8
Thomme
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Oh... that sucks. Who would really care if we distributed it, anyways? It's not like Maxis/Electronic Arts are making a profit off of the game anymore.
Wait... there's a set date for qualifications of "Abandonware?" I thought abandonware was just a fast and loose term thrown around in the community of "vintage" gamers to describe any software that doesn't have support or sales of any kind, or software. But, if Turok is on the website, wouldn't Streets of Sim City be allowed on here, as well. That being said, I'm an old school Maxis fan, I played Simcity 2000 in Dos, as well as Sim Copter and the original Sims (plus 2 and 3 and most of the expansion packs). So, I might be an apt candidate to do this review. I could most likely have it done by this time next week (A few days to play and complete the game and a day to write and a day to proofread).

Just my two cents.
Thomme is offline                         Send a private message to Thomme
Old 12-08-2010, 05:23 AM   #9
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

This might have worked on some other abandonware websites, but not on Abandonia. We have strictly defined rules:

-Games must not be sold.
-Games must not be supported.
-Games must not be actively protected by its copyright holder.
-Games must be older than 15 years if published/developed by an ESA member, and 10 years if it's by an ESA member subsidiary.

This last rule was made in an agreement with the ESA organization back in 2005 and we respect it up to this day. Therefore the main difference between Turok and Streets of Simcity is that the first is published by Acclaim, who's not an ESA member, while the second was published by Electronic Arts - an ESA member.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #10
Thomme
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
This might have worked on some other abandonware websites, but not on Abandonia. We have strictly defined rules:

-Games must not be sold.
-Games must not be supported.
-Games must not be actively protected by its copyright holder.
-Games must be older than 15 years if published/developed by an ESA member, and 10 years if it's by an ESA member subsidiary.

This last rule was made in an agreement with the ESA organization back in 2005 and we respect it up to this day. Therefore the main difference between Turok and Streets of Simcity is that the first is published by Acclaim, who's not an ESA member, while the second was published by Electronic Arts - an ESA member.
I didn't know that, that's actually very interesting.
Thomme is offline                         Send a private message to Thomme