Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-05-2005, 07:47 PM   #51
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The copy protection, you mean? But that's in the manual and there's nothing ambiguous about it as far as I remember.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 04-06-2005, 09:32 AM   #52
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

This may have been bloody obvious to everybody except me, but did you know that when you're running the game in ScummVM, you can set up a separate path for Manic Mansion? That way you don't need to go to Ed's computer in order to play. ScummVM just treats it as a separate game.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 04-06-2005, 09:34 AM   #53
t0mme

For the Dutch-people: It's for sale for €15 at www.dimplus.nl (Sam n' Max and DOTT on one cd)
Don't know if they ship to other countries though...

O, www.nedgame.com has it too, for €25....
Old 04-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #54
GAD_Dinamo

I had DOT cd but i forgot where did i put it if i find it i'll send it to you!
GAD_Dinamo is offline                         Send a private message to GAD_Dinamo
Old 04-06-2005, 11:13 AM   #55
4ORE5iGHT

This site looked really misleading. From google search, it seemed as if you could download the game from this site.

People are going to download it for free like me, if they cant find it to buy obviously.
Great game, just as I remembered it, but got two issues with it.

Firstly, is there any way to make it not stretch itself to fill the screen?
and
THere is no sound.
A website here http://www.mcwalter.org/tentacle/xp/, said to download a VMsound, but the download link for it doesnt exist anymore.

Plus
I WANT WANT WANT to buy this pack.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ogames&n=468642

With this I would be the happiest person alive. But I cant buy it here in the UK.
Anyone know any sites that would sell it in the UK?

Ive played a bit of DOTT and Fate of atlantis, and was blown away, back in 1998?
I cant wait to play sam and max.

Does anyone remember Jazz Jackrabbit?
Is this "abandonware"?
Can I download it anywhere legally first, before I use alternative methods?
As I know its not selling anywhere.

4ORE5iGHT is offline                         Send a private message to 4ORE5iGHT
Old 04-06-2005, 11:38 AM   #56
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
This site looked really misleading. From google search, it seemed as if you could download the game from this site.
In that case it's clearly google search which is misleading, not Abandonia. It's specifically stated in several places that this game is NOT for download.
Quote:
People are going to download it for free like me, if they cant find it to buy obviously.
By the same reasoning you might as well say people are going to rob banks if they can't find a working cash dispenser. Those "alternative methods", as you choose to term them, are still illegal, you know.

As for your sound issues: have you tried running the game in ScummVM? It worked wonders for me.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:41 PM   #57
4ORE5iGHT

Thta whole "robbing banks" thing is a little extreme. SAy the person that patented the shoelace, decided to withdraw it and not let people use the "technology". Then somebody just getting some string and a plastic tubing, and attempting to meld the two together, is trying to break the law. What, should we just sstart making all shoes with velcro?

Plus, robbing that bank would take too much effort on my part.

Anyway, that Scum sorts out the sound and frame/sound synching, but makes the game run in a tiny screen. Also commands such as F1 do not work, so how would I save the game?

I guess I should post in the ScummVM forums, but I guess somebody here will know the solution, having had this program longer than I.

4ORE5iGHT is offline                         Send a private message to 4ORE5iGHT
Old 04-06-2005, 12:47 PM   #58
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

Quote:
Originally posted by 4ORE5iGHT@Jun 4 2005, 12:41 PM
Thta whole "robbing banks" thing is a little extreme. SAy the person that patented the shoelace, decided to withdraw it and not let people use the "technology". Then somebody just getting some string and a plastic tubing, and attempting to meld the two together, is trying to break the law. What, should we just sstart making all shoes with velcro?

Plus, robbing that bank would take too much effort on my part.

Anyway, that Scum sorts out the sound and frame/sound synching, but makes the game run in a tiny screen. Also commands such as F1 do not work, so how would I save the game?

I guess I should post in the ScummVM forums, but I guess somebody here will know the solution, having had this program longer than I.
Just copy these files from your CD to a folder and tell ScummVM to look there:

MONSTER.SOU
TENTACLE.000
TENTACLE.001

I think that you have to press F5 to access the menu...
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 04-06-2005, 12:57 PM   #59
4ORE5iGHT

sorry. How do you redirect it to the DOTT folder?

Thanks.

Just to verify, will this make the F1 key work?
Old 04-06-2005, 12:58 PM   #60
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by 4ORE5iGHT@Jun 4 2005, 12:41 PM
No, but they might stop for a moment to think whether shoelaces would really important enough to justify breaking a law. After all it's not like you couldn't live without them. You'd still be free to wear other types of shoes like slippers, sandals or wellies, after all.
Similarly, computer games aren't vital, so it isn't as if you didn't have a choice. So saying you were basically forced to download a game illegally is rather a lame excuse in my opinion.