Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-04-2006, 01:39 AM   #31

He said in the review that many of the German cruiser were absent. Hannover wasn't in a seaworthy condition by 1939, and I'm not sending Schleswig-Holstein or Schlesien out chasing convoys with their 16-knot speed.

Look at it on the bright side, you get the Bismarck in late-1940. You get the Seydlitz which was never actually finished, and you don't lose the Blucher when the Norway event hits.

Old 28-04-2006, 02:27 AM   #32

It's i oisble to sink a BB with a single shot??(Like the Hood?), becuase i lost my Lutzow in 1 min, at normal speed

Old 28-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #33

Lutzow isn't a real battleship. She's a heavy cruiser with 11" guns and an extra pump. She's actually smaller than the Hipper.

And yes, a BB can go down very quickly. Magazine explosions don't happen all that often but catastrophic flooding does. If you get too many lower hull hits too quickly you can't pump out the water fast enough and either flooding or list can reach a fatal threshold. I think this can be effected by Beaufort rating, wind direction, and how much speed the ship has.

I've lost the Scharnhorst in two minutes. To the Gloucester. That was just embarrassing and absurd. I've never gone back to a save game with more justification in my life. Even the Chinese flat-irons at Yalu River couldn't be sunk by 6" shells.

Old 28-04-2006, 04:32 PM   #34

But my Lutzow didnt recived any hit below the waterline! it had a fire on it's magazine, by the way, it would be cull if Germany could have H-39 or H-44, those were like Yamato type BB (or even bigger).

Try here, www.navyfield.com

Old 28-04-2006, 11:41 PM   #35

A magazine fire would do it. Bad luck.

There's a mod for the game which puts the z-plan ships in, but I never got it to run.

Old 02-05-2006, 01:06 AM   #36

Does Cv attack work?

Old 20-06-2006, 09:18 AM   #37
Si Geena

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ May 2 2006, 01:06 AM) [snapback]227929[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Does Cv attack work?
[/b]
The CV can attack in either the Strategic Map screen or the Tactical Battle screen. I will only describe my Tactical experience here. (Because it's more fun!)

You can try with the quick battle first. You need to steam into the wind and prepare your planes before they can be launched. That sometimes takes far too long before the German BB and CA take out your 2 covering destroyers.

By the time you're good to launch, the German craft will begin to steam away from you. It's good fun from then on. However, you need to keep your CV level, if subject to flooding, for your planes to launch. It rarely takes more than 1 flight to sink a BB and you will then need to steam into the wind once more to recover the planes.

Then it's another lengthy wait once more before your recovered planes are prepared for the second launch. During this period, you will be subject to lots of bombardment by the German craft. So alot of time is spent at the Damage Control.

Old 17-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #38
Meatloaf Cat

Would it be OK to post the answer sheet for people who want to use 1.2?

Also, does anyone know about editing the game files? I've spent waaaaay too much time making a German ultra heavy cruiser thing with old US 14in C50 guns. At this point I understand the SHIPS.LIB file very well and can edit ships in the campaign file. One thing I can't do is edit the .pcx files. For some reason the programmers put all the graphics into .lib files. The only information I can find about .lib files is that they are used in C++, but I can't figure out how I might extract a .pcx from a .lib.

Such a fun game though.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:31 AM   #39
thebes
Game freak

Had this on Amiga. Still got the game book by the way. I was really happy to see it here. Just wish I had more time to play. I hope Abandoina will find the add ons that had the ships the Germans were planing to make. I had these on my Amiga. Also had an add on for American ships too. Had my Battleship Texas on it. Please find it Abandonia Glad you have this game! :thanx: I have Jutland which is another great game. I could not upload it but will mail the disk in when I am contacted about it. Just would like to have it returned. GNBNA is one of my alltime fav's!
Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
thebes is offline                         Send a private message to thebes
Old 12-09-2006, 01:21 PM   #40
neal arnett

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 28 2006, 11:41 PM) [snapback]227305[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
A magazine fire would do it. Bad luck.

There's a mod for the game which puts the z-plan ships in, but I never got it to run.
[/b]
any idea where to find the mod? I just started looking recently but as of yet no luck