Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-08-2005, 12:44 AM   #1
Sameeralord
Game freak

Angry

Hi Guys,
My ps2 was working really well and suddenly it is unable to read the games I put in. There is no chip or anything new installed and my games are original. The games I put worked perfectly before but now the my ps2 doesn't read my games. When ever I put a game browser system configuration screen menu comes up. Thething that is bothering me is when my ps2 was working well I put a burned DVD to my ps2 and it worked(weird no chip installed) then after that ps2 worked for few days and this problem came up. I just posted here to get some help before if nesseacry going to the technician. If you need more info ask. Help would be really appreaciated k:
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 07-08-2005, 05:36 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Heard about that problem. The thing is, the reading laser can get out of position when you try to read DVD's with your PS2. I don't remember the fix, but I think I remember it was easy. You just need to know what to do.

Perhaps trying to read another DVD and hope the laser get back in synch this time.

Anyhow, if you manage to get rid of that problem I'd suggest you don't read other DVD with your PS2 again.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:22 AM   #3
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

aye, that sounds like what the problem most likely is. I found a couple of sites you might want to try:

HERE if it might just be a dirtied lens

HERE to adjust the laser itself, although you need an oscillioscope, and I don't know how many people have one of those lying around.

HERE also has a ZIP you can download with very detailed instructions on laser adjustment, although I just glancd through it.

I hope one of those helps! :bye:
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 07-08-2005, 11:20 AM   #4
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

the problem maybe software , i heard a similar case and the only solution is to restart the sofware of ps2.
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 13-08-2005, 05:08 PM   #5
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

I know Xbox had a problem with a plastic arm that pulls the tray back in. when it got too weak, the thing wouldn't close and wouldnt work anymore. Talk about a major recall.

Try to play a music cd in it.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 14-08-2005, 02:40 PM   #6
Xikarita
Abandonia nerd

What's the version of your PS2? Because the earlier versions have been known to have some problems. And also, have you tried one of those cleaning DVD thingies? Maybe it's only dust...
Old 25-08-2005, 06:24 PM   #7
Hellbent

Playstation 2's often have techincal difficulties, often due to sony's cost cutting methods. The laser might of been decalibrated. Your best off taking it to some computer nerd who knows everything I have no such problems with my blissful gamecube and exclusive-for-the-moment resident evil 4.
Hellbent is offline                         Send a private message to Hellbent