Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-07-2005, 06:59 PM   #61
MonkeyMeat
Lurker

ESA!!!!!????

So this means that I cant DownLoad this..... ... thats crap.
How did every one else get the game?

I was so looking froward to playing this game again... the memories.

anyone know how i can get this game? :help:
MonkeyMeat is offline                         Send a private message to MonkeyMeat
Old 02-07-2005, 07:42 PM   #62
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

We used to have permission to host it, you see. But now I suppose the best places to look would be either ebay or the Underdogs.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 04-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #63
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Underdogs have only Out of this World, a Win-based port of AW. The good thing is that it works on XP with no problems, the bad - well, the music aint so great there.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-07-2005, 04:42 PM   #64
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Added some excellent scans for the game. Thanks go to Alex for providing the images k:
Old 15-07-2005, 04:24 AM   #65
ac

Strangely enough, the game was recently ported to the gameboy advance(with the approval of Eric Chahi it seems), and the rom can be downloaded legally at www.foxysofts.com. I played through the entire game using the VisualBoyAdvance gba emulator, and it seems to be the same as I remember it. I haven't played the version that was avaliable here, however, and I can't tell you if it is identical.

Old 15-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #66
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Pardon, but what do you think makes the rom legal? If the game was re-released in a GBA version, then it is still sold - ergo the rom is in fact WAREZ!!!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #67
Davius

I first played Another World on a friend's Sega Megadrive, and then bought the Amiga version myself a while later. The graphics and music were really impressive, and I remember that it was quite challenging (and unforgiving at times), but fun to play all the same.

Quote:
Originally posted by mika+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mika)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Has anyone see this: http://www.the-overcats.org/game.php?id=3180. It's the real sequel to Another World (Out of this World) although it was only released on Sega CD so if anyone wants to play, you'll have to download an emulator too.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Mad-E-Fact

underdogs have it too, the game's called "heart of the alien".[/quote]
Thanks for pointing out what the sequel was called and where we could get it from. I'd heard that there was meant to be a sequel, but I never did get to play it back then... probably because it was only on SegaCD and referred to as being the sequel to Out of this World.

Anyway, I just played it and it's great to finally see the continuation of the story!
Davius is offline                         Send a private message to Davius
Old 22-07-2005, 12:02 PM   #68
aagr

This game is rated only 3. This is soooo incorrect rating.

One of the best games ever.

Heart of an Alien is great game too, the only true sequel.
aagr is offline                         Send a private message to aagr
Old 22-07-2005, 06:39 PM   #69
Amayirot Akago
Hiya, dollface.

The game is simply a landmark in computer gaming history. The style and presentation is second to none compared to other games from that era; hell, even compared to today's games. Original gameplay, mouthwater inducing visuals... and very frustrating too. The whole game adds a whole new dimension to the phrase "trial and error". Nonetheless a classic and definitely worth checking out.

Just so happened to play through the Amiga version yesterday (emulated ). I was surprised to find it was a whole lot shorter than the other versions.

I've played Heart Of The Alien as well; definitely worth checking out if you liked (or better: finished) this game. It tells you the story of the rogue alien that helps you out during Another World, and places you in his shoes in a whole new dangerous adventure. The CD for Heart of the Alien also contains a great semi-improved version of Out Of This World.

If you like this game, these are also worth checking out:

Flashback
Oddworld: Abe's Odyssee/Exodus
Heart of Darkness (made by Eric Chahi, no less!)
Bermuda Syndrome
OnEscapee (Amiga exclusive game that captures the original Another World atmosphere pretty well, and is equally frustrating )

Oh, and almost forgot: you can download a fantastic recreation of Another World's intro here.
Old 23-07-2005, 06:31 AM   #70
aagr

Great intro! Thanks for the link, Akago.
aagr is offline                         Send a private message to aagr