Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-01-2005, 02:42 PM   #21
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

What do u think about my idea?
Old 05-01-2005, 02:47 PM   #22
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

I was kinda thinking it'd be aside from the forum (although references could be put in), with the most well-known people from here turning into a character in the game, using either their nickname or their avatar for character (Puffin'd become a Puffin bird, Tom'd become a smurf, Kosta a green alien, Titan a gnome, Picard some Star Trek thing, etc. etc.) and make a game out of that. It'd be fun for both those on the forum, especially with references, and would still remain fun for those that don't know the forum, or don't know much 'bout it.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 05-01-2005, 05:04 PM   #23
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Internal jokes could work, yes. Good idea, Kon-Tiki k:
Old 05-01-2005, 06:22 PM   #24
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

What I was thinking was something similar to Tiki. New characters who are not related whatsoever to the forums should be created, but while they roam the "games" some "regular" faces should be seen, probably as NPC who try to help you.

Like, for example, if I was to be put in the game I guess it would be either in UFO: Ennemy Unknown or Transport Tycoon Deluxe.

Anyways, the point would be to place the regulars of this forum in a game they like to play and are good at it, so they can actually help the players.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:46 PM   #25
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

Hehe, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel is actually me.
I think we should use Abandonia forum members because they actually ARE new characters. Each one would have his own personality and chars, thus making the choice really varied. It'd be like creating new character, only without the need to THINK OF NEW NAMES! k:
Besides, our names are pretty cool
I mean, Titan is a hell of a name for a char. Tom Henrik, Northern thing, cool. Wendy as well. Kosta too. TheVoid (or just Void). Free Freddy. Puffin. Kon-Tiki. Wormpaul, and all others. Look at those names. They're cool.
If we get this available on main site, people would play it (assuming it'll be a good game) and we'd become FAMOUS!!! I can imagine the glory....the luxury sedans...the horny groupies....
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 05-01-2005, 11:57 PM   #26
mouse31e
Games Master

...the law suits from all the game developers that have left us alone so far! LOL

I agree with the idea of using forum members names. After all, the games are only half of Abandonia, it would be no good without the people who make it happen. An Abandonia game should include the people who make Abandonia what it is, even if it's just giving their names to totally unrelated characters!
mouse31e is offline                         Send a private message to mouse31e
Old 06-01-2005, 03:02 AM   #27
Squalidangel
Abandonia nerd

Can't wait to play it. I would help if only I could figure out Dosbox... :crazy:
Squalidangel is offline                         Send a private message to Squalidangel