Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-04-2011, 12:35 AM   #51
Ripperian
Forum hobbit

Hi, I wanted to play this game recently.

But there is something I don't get it... I try to start a new game and seems like the game already started, a construction of a castle is underway... Is this ok?

And the name of the player and castle is not what I wrote.

Saludos!
Ripperian is offline                         Send a private message to Ripperian
Old 22-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #52
Ripperian
Forum hobbit

Hello, I found this happens only in the easyest mode.

Nice game! I played for hours yesterday. I made a nice castle from scratch. The game is fun. The battles are not that good. A lot of improvement can be done in this field.

Saludos!
Ripperian is offline                         Send a private message to Ripperian
Old 24-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #53
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Well... You are talking about a game made in 1991. You can't expect million dollards games.

I agree that battle is not Castles best element but it is still nice. The whole point of the game is to build a castle so you can defend yourself after all so having no attacks would be pointless.

The best way to win is to have big towers and walls with archers on them. As long as you can defend the middle of your castle, you are fine.

If you like this game but find it lacking then I suggest you try Castles II. It is exactly the same but the rest of the game is expanded into a strategy game in which you not only need to build castles to defend yourself but build troops to attack other countries too.
Old 24-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #54
Ripperian
Forum hobbit

Yes, I know is an old game. I'm just saying what I thought.

I will try Castles II soon, no doubt.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #55
Mynash

I loved this game as a kid. It came with Interplay's 10th anniversary CD along with Dragon Wars, Wasteland, and many other great games.

I remember I liked to start on the easiest difficulty setting (peasant) because the castle's walls and towers were already laid and just needed to be built. I preferred the storyline and ability to make choices over the actual building.

In respect to the reviewer, I liked his article on this game but there was a minor mistake that needed to be addressed by an old lover of Castles. At the end, he claims that to beat the game, you need to build a whopping full eight castles. While it does allow you to move on towards new lands and building an entirely new castle, it's not necessary. The main menu in the game even asks you if you want a single castle, three castle or eight castle campaign.

It pretty much goes hand-in-hand with the difficulty setting. The easiest way to 'beat the game' would be to play on the Peasant difficulty setting with single castle, and the hardest (or most boring) way would be to play it on King with eight-castle campaign.
Mynash is offline                         Send a private message to Mynash
Old 10-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #56
vladimir1922

Me, too loved this game, much more than Castles 2 (I enjoyed the building much more, as it is more detailed) and those "decisions you have to chose".

I stopped out out of desperation tough! I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but every single time I play, I reach a level where upgrading my castle won't provide me with more available soldiers.... and the enemies just get stronger, wave by wave, dooming me slow but relentlessly.
vladimir1922 is offline                         Send a private message to vladimir1922