Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Introductions, Farewells and Returns
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
whitak3r

Default Hey Guys/Gals!

Hey yall! I'm new to the site but just wanted to post to say whats up. I have been a fan of these old games for quite some time. They bring back sooo many memories of when I was younger. Granted I am only 24 years of age, but I started playing PC(Started with a Tandy 80/88 then a 386) When I was around 5. My FIRST game that I got into was Chopper 2. My dad would spend hundreds of dollars a month connecting to BBS sites to download shareware versions of games(He was a big computer guru back in the old days) to play them and let me play them.

Now that I look back I had A LOT of good times playing some games. My mom used to be addicted to Cosmo and Lemmings.

A few games I used to play quite a bit Bubble Bobble(Another one of my first games I ever played, Duke Nukem 1 & 2, Coordoor 7, Crystal Caverns(Something like that), Commander Keen 1 & 2, Tanks, Scorched Earth, Monster Bash(When I was 6 this game made me cry, my mother still has the video tape of me freaking out), Chopper 2(Which I am still trying to obtain a copy of), Executioners(been looking for this game for 8 years, finally found it today), Halloween Harry, Caesar 2, Daffy Duck Private Eye, Hero's Quest: So you want to be a hero(Still have the disk which does work, and the "Monster Manual", and instructions, before they were forced to change the name of the game),Dungeon Master 2, and quite a few others that I cannot thing of at this very moment, to many good ones.

I have to say when I first say Alone in the Dark 1 on here I was sold! I could never manage to get more then 15 minutes into that game because I would be to scared to continue. I caught myself playing Scorched Earth for about 4 hours the other day, damn that game used to be fun on 2 player!
whitak3r is offline                         Send a private message to whitak3r
Old 30-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Welcome to the site, I am also 24 and your list of games is close to mine in taste. You will find us an accepting bunch no matter the gamers age or taste in games.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 30-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
ayoeness
Sleep doll, mommy's mining

Yay a fellow person who was also scared shitless from alone in the Dark.

Welcome!
Crowley had been extremely impressed with the warranties offered by the computer industry, and had in fact sent a bundle Below to the department that drew up the Immortal Soul agreements, with a yellow memo form attached just saying: "Learn, guys."
ayoeness is offline                         Send a private message to ayoeness
Old 01-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Welcome to Abandonia whitak3r
I agree with you, Scorched Earth was great: huge explosions, shields, nukes!