Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-03-2006, 06:55 PM   #211
Glista

Hi! I need dunecd.r59 file and HOTU is dead!
Yes, I remember I've had the same problem with speech/sound and that I solved it, but I forgot how. And if I could install the game again, I'd be able to tell you how to turn it on. So please, anyone, help!
Glista is offline                         Send a private message to Glista
Old 23-03-2006, 08:23 PM   #212
Glista

Ok, mount the game dir as C: drive and the same dir as a CD-ROM drive (D, then tell the game to place savegames in C:\ and setup the sound by runnig install.exe

Mounting your game dir as C: and savegame path changing is not necessary if the installation doesn't take long to start itself!

That should solve all of your sound problems.
Glista is offline                         Send a private message to Glista
Old 31-03-2006, 04:21 PM   #213
EscAbe

I haven't read the complete topic so maybe it's here already.

FULL CD VERSION DOWNLOAD (fast server):

http://www.jucaushii.ro/download_237_Dune_...ion_golden.html

Old 31-03-2006, 09:28 PM   #214
EscAbe

Oh yeah and for sound just use VDMSound (http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdmsound/), that's a SB16 emulator for Windows 2000 and XP. Install it, restart your computer, unpack dune, open a dos prompt, type "dosdrv" (to start VDMSound), install dune using "install.exe" (you might need to set the Soundblaster IRQ to 7 manually during install) and play the game. You don't need all the other stuff which DosBox emulates.

Old 02-04-2006, 09:09 PM   #215
Swarog

Right, so i got the game running nicely with sound in XP, no need for DosBox there.

However, I've walked into the desert to get my first vision many times, have restarted the game, but each time to the same result. Nothing happens except for eventual death by dehydration. :help:

Just finished Dune Legends: Battle For Corrin btw. These prequels by Herbert's son and that Anderson (?) guy arten't bad reading at all, but they just don't have that epic, heavy FEEL of the original(s). The stories aren't bad, and much thought has gone into them... but naaah.. let me put it this way, if Herbert's Dune inspired strategy games, these new ones would inspire first person shoot 'em ups with elements of space battle simulation..

Old 03-04-2006, 04:47 PM   #216
Swarog

Trid playing it from the beginning is dosbox, same thing; I find the sietchs and the next step would be the vision, yet the only comment I get from walking the desert is Jessica saying I look tired. *sigh*

Tonight we be a Dune-fest btw, just rented the movie (1h59min) and Children of Dune (3 dvds, 4h 8min).. k:

Old 03-04-2006, 07:52 PM   #217
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

If I remember well, you must get out at night... Then you come back to your castle and you'll know you have succeeded if your eyes begin to turn blue when you look at the mirror.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:57 PM   #218
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I believe that process is a bit longer...

You can follow walkthrough.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 03-04-2006, 10:51 PM   #219
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

Quote:
Originally posted by EscAbe@Mar 31 2006, 05:21 PM
I haven't read the complete topic so maybe it's here already.

FULL CD VERSION DOWNLOAD (fast server):

http://Dont_bother_following_this_link_bec...ot;_him.alre ady
Is it ok to have this link here? :blink:
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 04-04-2006, 09:51 AM   #220
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Swarog@Apr 3 2006, 04:47 PM
Trid playing it from the beginning is dosbox, same thing; I find the sietchs and the next step would be the vision, yet the only comment I get from walking the desert is Jessica saying I look tired. *sigh*
It's not necessary to go into the desert at night, but you have to be far enough so that you don't see the palace anymore. I think 3-4 "steps" in a straight line from the palace were enough.
And yes, there's an excellent walkthrough all over the internet (just google for it ), better check it to see if you missed something.