Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #61
Oberon

The most obscure game that i still own is: John Sinclair Evil attacks..
it's the afaik only game for the Ghost Hunter Sequel

Oberon is offline                         Send a private message to Oberon
Old 16-04-2005, 09:33 PM   #62
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

I used to have this game but lost it. It was a really good C%C-esque game with a twist, you could 'jump' inside one of your units instead of using the RTS view (although give no orders, just fight).

It was called Machines. It was really good, go 80% from most PC gaming mags, but no-one bought it. Shame really, even the AI was quite good.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 16-04-2005, 11:03 PM   #63
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Mutation Of Johnny Burger: Unfortunately this game was realeased only in Slovak and German language. The publisher came from Slovak republic and that's same with my version
A slovakian game?OMG OMG OMG
I played this one when I was a bit younger and I liked it, duh but Quadrax was better(which noone knows... :bleh: )
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 30-04-2005, 06:40 AM   #64
GraveDigger
Game Wizzard

Send a message via ICQ to GraveDigger

Quote:
Originally posted by Xpertgamer@Apr 13 2005, 07:09 AM
I would have to say "Paris CITY 2000". Have never seen it anywhere for sale or download. Haven't yet played it because it is still sealed in the box I got it in
I am still determined to buy it, if you are willing to sell it, dude. Please, please let me know your consent.
GraveDigger is offline                         Send a private message to GraveDigger
Old 30-04-2005, 11:41 AM   #65
Charmed
Forum hobbit

Rent-A-Hero

Not such a good adventure.
Charmed is offline                         Send a private message to Charmed
Old 30-04-2005, 03:00 PM   #66
omg
Games Master

the fury. still got the spectrum original somewhere.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 30-04-2005, 06:16 PM   #67
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Probably my original copies of Princessmaker II and Balor of the Evil Eye, since the plug was pulled on both of these pretty quickly after release.

But I've got a third game whose name escapes me, in which you raised dragons to send against villages while searching for portions of a missing amulet. It also had roughly 30 alchemy ingredients, along with 4 methods of working ingredients, plus low and high temperatures. I loved the thing, although the two AI-driven opponents were not very good. That British title didn't even make it out the door in the US, since the distributor went bankrupt before its release. (I got my copy from the distributor in advance for review.) It's here, somewhere, but I don't recall where.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 01-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #68
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

I would say: Feeble Files, at least if obscure has the same meaning as rare... (it's rare in Sweden at least.)
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 06-05-2005, 02:07 AM   #69
Xpertgamer

Quote:
Originally posted by GraveDigger+Apr 30 2005, 05:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GraveDigger @ Apr 30 2005, 05:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Xpertgamer@Apr 13 2005, 07:09 AM
I would have to say "Paris CITY 2000". Have never seen it anywhere for sale or download. Haven't yet played it because it is still sealed in the box I got it in
I am still determined to buy it, if you are willing to sell it, dude. Please, please let me know your consent. [/b][/quote]
After doing some research on this game, I have found out that this is most likely one of the rarest games ever produced.
The company that made the game (Aditus) was based in my country, Canada. More specifically Montreal, Canada.
The game was never mass produced as its sister game (London C.I.T.Y) was due to financial troubles the company was having at the time. The company was sold and the game shelved never to see the light of day.
Before the sale of the company, 50 copies of the game were pressed and boxed, and sent out to various retailers in Canada and the US as a promotion.
How many still exist ? Who knows. Probably not many.
After having done my research on the game (and actually contacting an ex-employee of Aditus who still resides in Montreal), I am unsure of what I should do with the game. I was going to sell it to a friend, but I quickly cancelled that deal when I found out about the rarety of the game.
I think most likely it will end up on E-Bay.
Xpertgamer is offline                         Send a private message to Xpertgamer
Old 06-05-2005, 07:28 PM   #70
Hark

Well, here's, an idea: open the box, play it, review it and upload it for the rest of us here at Abandonia!!!
Hark is offline                         Send a private message to Hark