Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-03-2005, 01:48 PM   #41
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, when I decided to get a cooler nickname, I tried to think of something that I could use for every site I'd ever be on, something unique and something pertaining to funny evil genius's. The first place I looked was mario, and I loved the idea of using Fawful, the little beanbean evil genius as my nickname, but he was mostly already taken by that time. So I need to uniquify him. So I took his catchphrase, "I have fury!!!" and replaced the I with Fawful, pushed the words together, and capitalized the F, and thats where I got Fawfulhasfury at. And I've used that as my nick online ever since, before that my online nick at places was little jim. :whistle: I just needed it to be better to me I guess. And it does suit me. :evil:
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 14-03-2005, 01:53 PM   #42
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

More suitable would be: FawfulhasNOfury or FawfulLOSTfury! LOL LOL LOL
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 14-03-2005, 02:44 PM   #43
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

My nick originated in an e-mail discussion with friends about the irresistible allure of those horribly unhealthy (but oh-so-tasty) fruit pies often found in vending machines, convenience stores, and other four-star dining establishments. They're about as nutritious as sugar-coated lard, but I love 'em anyway. Fortunately, I've avoided turning into a 400-pound pile o' goo ... so far.

"Fruit Pie Jones" also sounds like the name of an old-time blues musician, which would probably make for a more interesting backstory, but it would be a complete lie.
Old 15-03-2005, 09:18 AM   #44
Classic Pig

The first LAN game I went to I was competeing against a frien who was known by the nick "Bushman". Being a very creative person I decided to rip that off and became Bushpig. And thus the reason for the pig bit - classic bit came from the fact the this is a classic gaming forum and site (I think...)

Simple...
Old 15-03-2005, 09:46 AM   #45
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Been assembling a lance of Battletech mechs dubbed "The Four Horsemen", after The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Meanwhile, I needed a name for my e-mail account.

(gears spinning)

And I came up with The Fifth Horseman. As I had to replace spaces with underslashes (_), it changed to the_fifth_horseman. I liked it and so it stuck. Pretty unique too - so far I found only one or two people using that nickname at all. k:

This also has a good advantage of many derivatives - fifth_horseman, fifthhorseman, tfh, t5h etc, all of which can be used if a short nick is needed,

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-03-2005, 10:03 AM   #46
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, my name is marko. Hmmm, what can i say? Don't ever bother about the meaning of life.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 15-03-2005, 11:40 AM   #47
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

During my rowing days, I developed a certain style of oar-handling that here in the Netherlands is called "reupen", it's a verb (to reup). This is not the best way to transfer your power to the water... My crew started calling me 'Reup' after a while (especially since our choaches kept whining about my style...

I must add, that despite my flaws we did win quite a lot of races and we still hold our club record (since 1999) k:
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 15-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #48
TheSmyth
Abandonia nerd

After years using made up names e.g. "Cleaver (/2000)" now all grown up and comfortable with who i am. It's practically my real name. Onky the speeling is different, cause there's already quite a few Smiths in the world, amazingly! :w00t:
TheSmyth is offline                         Send a private message to TheSmyth
Old 16-03-2005, 01:33 PM   #49
Rosella_Daventry

I think mine is pretty much self explanitory. Well, unless you haven't played the Kings Quest series.

And if you haven't, you should.
Rosella_Daventry is offline                         Send a private message to Rosella_Daventry
Old 16-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #50
Evad
Game freak

its my name backwards.
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad