Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
fablefire

Default fablefire - NASCAR Racing video

I recorded a video of me playing NASCAR Racing. This video also includes the intro, gameplay and winning screens from the game. During the gameplay part, I paused the game just for a second because I thought pressing "Esc" would lead me to the winning screens at that moment, and it didn't. The audio also skips during the intro. Also, the version played in the video is different from the one you hosted. If you think any of these problems would really be annoyance, I can re-record the video if you want. Thanks for letting me contribute!

Last edited by fablefire; 05-04-2013 at 09:25 PM. Reason: I added info regarding some of the problems with the video I recorded.
fablefire is offline                         Send a private message to fablefire
Old 06-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Definitely make separate videos of Intro and gameplay. I'm not sure what winning screen is, I suppose it is the result screen after the race. If so, then it is included in the gameplay video. If possible, you can create a separate video of each race, I mean each track with winning screen at the end. Better then One huge gameplay separated in parts.

How big is the current video?

Pressing Esc is not much of a problem. However different version might be. What is the version that you are playing? Can you explain the differences?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 07-04-2013, 02:25 AM   #3
fablefire

As for how long my video is, it is 8 minutes and 43 minutes long. As for what version of the game I recorded, it is the Australian release. The main differences are different main menu screens, the track pack already included, and real sponsors. From what I know the Abandonia version uses fictional sponsors.
fablefire is offline                         Send a private message to fablefire
Old 08-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Then your video is fine. We can just call it Australian release... Hm, you have that Australian release? And it has different tracks? That just might be interesting Can you make the archive of the game without any personal or vendor files (like savegames, vendors offers etc). Do you perhaps have the installation?

Anyway, PM sent.

Last edited by marko river; 08-04-2013 at 09:02 AM.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 09-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #5
fablefire

Yes, I do have a physical copy of the Australian version. Infact, it is fully boxed. As for tracks, the game contains the original tracks with the track pack that was originally sold separately. I don't know if there are any differences in the tracks.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Is that track pack installed separately? Because I would like to see that as Extra.

Also, could you make floppy images of the game? And could you scan the box and floppies and any other material inside the box? We would be grateful, and so will be the world's history, for your aid in preserving the material
Old 09-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
fablefire

Sadly, the track pack is not installed separately. The version I have comes on a CD-ROM, so I could make a .ISO image. As for making scans of the materials in the box, I should see about that. I have a scanner, but I don't really know how to scan big cardboard boxes. :P
Old 10-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #8
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yes, ISO would be fine addition to The ISO Cellar

As for boxscans... you're telling me that box is bigger than your scanner?
Old 10-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
fablefire

I just checked and the answer to that is no. Does flattening the box let me do a boxart scan?
Old 10-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

No, not flattening. You make separate scan of each side. So that was the problem Nobody wants you to ruin the box. Front side and back side are most important, but you can scan each side if you don't mint (bottom, top, left and right sides).

Also you can scan the CD, as well as CD case if there was a CD case inside the box (like here). Do you have anything else from the original box? Like manual, poster, sales card, advertises etc.