Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-08-2004, 12:45 PM   #1
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik
Default Buzz Aldrins Race into Space

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Last edited by Luchsen; 22-01-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Tom Henrik is offline                         Send a private message to Tom Henrik
Old 16-08-2004, 01:36 PM   #2
Dream
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Dream

TIPs and what you may not notice when playing your first game:

1, Cut down unmanned missions as much as possible,unmanned docking is OK but that is about it, not even exploration of other planets will pay off.

2, When you assign astronauts to crews they need to be in harmony, if they don't like each other then they will get frustrated, to check if they are ok click on some crew and then their name

3, If you have doubts about success of upcoming mission you do not have to scrub it, you can just skip EVA phase and such similiar things, when you plan start on some month you can do so by clicking on name of the mission (Example: Manned docking)

4,Not only man in space counts, but also Woman in space.

Will tell more later.
Dream is offline                         Send a private message to Dream
Old 17-08-2004, 06:32 PM   #3
FluffDaddy

How do you get docking equipment?
FluffDaddy is offline                         Send a private message to FluffDaddy
Old 17-08-2004, 07:31 PM   #4
Dream
Abandonia nerd

You must not go to research centre, then click on purchasing facility, it should be somewhere in miscellaneous it should be available for purchase. To improve it's safety rating you have to do docking missions.
Old 17-08-2004, 11:20 PM   #5
gabriel_br

Send a message via MSN to gabriel_br

oh my god.

This is a great game, but i have some problems...

1. Sometimes i buy the wrong rocket or probe, and spend a lot of money and time on that.. I just need some guide of what to buy..

2. My rockets ALLWAYS blows up! What should i do?

3. The cosmo/astronauts allways 'give up'... Its a lot of money and time wasted..

Sorry for the bad grammar, but i just speak portuguese... Well, thanks for the help
gabriel_br is offline                         Send a private message to gabriel_br
Old 18-08-2004, 09:46 AM   #6
Dream
Abandonia nerd

As I said, you shouldn't use 1 crew too often, and make sure it's members like each other.

As for the blown up rockets.

At the first goal (orbital satellite) you just have to risk failiure and not complete maximum safety level.

Also I need Tom Henrik to add there flight times. You know they ask you about how long someone stayed in space, if you answer wrongly, every rocket will blow up. It is a mystery to me why he didn't put them for download and I hope he's going to set it right soon, else people will lose interest in this great game :-/

If you mean why rockets blow up then it can be because you have a low safety level. After creating satellite take your time and upgrade every often so high until it's around highest level.

When there's something wrong with capsule or during EVA it's the same like with rockets, but this time also Astronauts can be responsible. Like if Astronauts has a low capsule piloting level (or whatever is it called) then he most likely won't manage to flight with craft damaged by partial failiure, and if he's real loser, he may be the reason why catastrophical failiure happened.

Also please download the patch, when starting the game it says 1.00b version, which is strange since site I downloaded it from says it's 1.01 patch. Well try it anyway since it should make the game more fun to play.

How to buy things? Uhh this will be for long.

I myself did never landed on moon but basics are that for more complicated missions than EVA duration mission you need modules for 2 and more people.:

If you want manned docking mission:
It's better to have it joint, one rocket will bring up docking system, second one module. Module must have 2 and more astronauts.

Orbital eva: Module with 1 and more astronauts, second rocket (the one after atlas) or Atlas with booster strap on. Eva suits researched.

Orbital eva docking duration:

Orbital eva+Docking, that is all. You will need however astronauts that have high endurance or else the mission might get scrubbed for their sickness.

Lunar passing, Lunar Orbital: Uhh don't remember, shoot me if I'm wrong but I think it should be module for 3 or more, booster A (maybe B don't remember) and second rocket (again the one after atlas), but you may need booster strap on for it.

When you need just to buy things you have already researched go to assembly hardware, and there select auto buy or something like that.

TIP: I have read somewhere that you should keep ranger/sputnik safety level high since in the moon mission or somewhere one stage is rolled on it's safety level.
Old 18-08-2004, 11:36 PM   #7
Dream
Abandonia nerd

flight times are now up ready to be downloaded, so you can from now on normally play the game.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:42 AM   #8
Schmendrick
Thumbs down

hm, can it be that after applying the patch the flight times dont work anymore?
if i play with this new patch the dates i am asked are always wrong if i can trust what the game says.

but i dont experience all rockets to blow up, "just" that IF a rocket blows up, i have to research it from a low safetylevel AGAIN, which makes the game quite unplayable

did somebody experience the same, has anyone a solution to my problem?

Old 14-12-2004, 01:57 PM   #9
Furness

A great conncept for a game but as a couple of the posters say rockets always blow up. Even with 84 % or more safety.
I'll try the patch and the flight times and see if it makes any difference.

Old 14-12-2004, 02:05 PM   #10
bohor
Game Wizzard

this is a cool game!! k:
bohor is offline                         Send a private message to bohor