Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
Hunter Hunted
Abandonia nerd

Post They should pull the plug on popular music!

Yes, it's back to that old argument about older music being the best! But seriously.... I find a lot of the music nowadays absolutely rubbish. God knows why people listen to such nonsense. It is as they've just giving up. There will NEVER be music as awesome as the 40s through to the 90s. IMO.
Hunter Hunted is offline                         Send a private message to Hunter Hunted
Old 23-04-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

While I do find your comment a bit too extreme, I have to admit that recently I've been listening to some great jazzy movie themes from 1930s and I love them. Those tunes are so catchy I recall them fairy well, despite the fact that the last time I've seen any of these movies was back in 1980s.
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 24-04-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

the same thought your parents, and their parents, and their parents, ...
Old 24-04-2010, 03:08 AM   #4
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Your argument is irrelevant, everyone has their own taste in music. It's all about target Market, foo'

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 24-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Ooh, thirties music, RK? Can I have some?

I was sitting in my office minding my own business when horrible music started up next door and i started twitching a little, but only on my left side... It was someone playing scales, up and down, then over that it was some sort of white noise with a beatbox going on top of it, and some people muttering an attempt at a hiphop line, and there was no melody, no baseline, no one who could play an instrument or hold a tune. Just A B C D E F, E D C B A, all the bloody time. Like water torture

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 25-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #6
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
the same thought your parents, and their parents, and their parents, ...
It would be true if I was much older and I was complaining about "that young generation", re-living my past long gone youth. But I'm still twentysomething (although with a deadly countdown to thirty) so I'm relatively young.

It's about style. Fcuking style, dammit!

The style of today is not compatible with me. There are no readily available new alternatives to choose from. Ergo: I must go back till I find what I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arete
Ooh, thirties music, RK? Can I have some?
Can I post youtube links?
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 01-07-2010, 07:34 AM   #7
UnicornMagic

Eh. You can't help what people like. :T
UnicornMagic is offline                         Send a private message to UnicornMagic
Old 01-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #8
ianfreddie07
wat

I grew up listening to 2000 and beyond songs. There are only a few 80s to 90s songs I know. Do I have bad music tastes? Probably.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:10 AM   #9
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I never thought I'd be one of those people who grows older and hates the "music kids listen to nowadays," but I have to agree most music I hear on the radio or on tv sucks. It's gotten to the point that I completely isolate myself from it, so I don't even know what I'm missing now. I'll hear names of current popular singers thrown around, but I won't know any songs from them.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 02-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #10
KrazeeXXL
BORG

never thought that I'd like 50's music like in Fallout 3. Great catchy songs in it. Even loaded a mod which included a hundred more of them

but indeed. most music nowadays just sux. It isn't honest and hasn't to do with an expression of art anymore. I go that far and don't call these interprets (there are nothing more) even artists. It would be a big insult for all real artists out there!

Music industry tries to dictate some lifestyle which too much ppl are too willingly following. It's totally hollow but many peepz doesn't seem to recognize, matter or even care.

Just the top of the iceberg. It reaches much deeper and has nothing to do with getting old. throw your life and time away listening to never ever satisfying shit. Just be satisfied with your situation and don't you ever think about to change a thing. It's all "good" as it is...

perhaps too honest for some ppl but I don't care

Sad times ppl, sad times.

Last edited by KrazeeXXL; 02-09-2010 at 12:09 AM.
KrazeeXXL is offline                         Send a private message to KrazeeXXL