Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-12-2006, 09:27 PM   #1
Microchip

Default [Lulu_Jane] Challenge Of The Ancient Empires, (?)

First, hello world! I'm new on this forum, and i love abandonware

I loved two games in my childness, but i don't remember their names. Here's a description of them!

1) A clone of Space Invaders. The player controls a ship and shots the aliens that are in the top part of the screen. Each level had different enemies, and level-to-level the difficulty increases. The ambientation was a sort of dark rectangle, with any animation or movement: only the player, the enemies and the shots moved. I remember the last level, that was called "Quarantine", and presented a lot of strange enemies with a triangle form.

2) A really fun platform game. It was ambiented in Egypt, into the Pyramids. The player controled a sort of miner/archaeologist, that explores these pyramids. It had three objects: a particular hat/helmet, that allows the player to shot some luminous beams. These beams bounced on crystals or mirrors, hitting therefore other targets that concurred teo open doors or to activate something. In particular, i remember they had a triangular form and could be rotated by the player. Moreover, the player possessed a bag with strange "rockets" that allowed to jump. The objects could alternatively be used, and never in contemporary.

Please, help me! I loved those games! :wallbash:
Microchip is offline                         Send a private message to Microchip
Old 11-12-2006, 06:19 AM   #2
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I have no idea about the first game, but the second game could be Challenge Of The Ancient Empires (particularly because of the crystal light beam thingies )

Anyhoo - It is available on Abandonia :brain: right here for your gaming pleasure

Enjoy
Old 11-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #3
GraveDigger
Game Wizzard

Send a message via ICQ to GraveDigger

And, there are dozens of Space Invader clones or alike games that it is hard to know the one you are talking about. The game levels are so monotonous that I doubt any person in his sane mind has ever reached the last level of any of them to know the "quarantine" thing. :blink:

P.S: I actually reached the last level of the original Arcade Space Invader a lot of times. :bleh:
GraveDigger is offline                         Send a private message to GraveDigger
Old 12-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #4
Microchip

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lulu_Jane @ Dec 11 2006, 08:19 AM) [snapback]271278[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I have no idea about the first game, but the second game could be Challenge Of The Ancient Empires (particularly because of the crystal light beam thingies )

Anyhoo - It is available on Abandonia :brain: right here for your gaming pleasure

Enjoy
[/b]
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! That's it!!! k: k: :brain: :brain:
THANKS!

For the first, no problem. I understand that there are millions of Space invaders clones, and that's impossible to undestand. Thanks
Microchip is offline                         Send a private message to Microchip
Old 13-12-2006, 06:58 AM   #5
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You're more than welcome Microchip, I'm glad I could help

I loved playing that game long ago - it actually belonged to my younger sister, but I was (and still am) a sucker for all things themed "Ancient."

Enjoy k:
Old 13-12-2006, 10:33 AM   #6
Jontzzu
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Microchip @ Dec 10 2006, 12:27 AM) [snapback]271114[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
1) A clone of Space Invaders. The player controls a ship and shots the aliens that are in the top part of the screen. Each level had different enemies, and level-to-level the difficulty increases. The ambientation was a sort of dark rectangle, with any animation or movement: only the player, the enemies and the shots moved. I remember the last level, that was called "Quarantine", and presented a lot of strange enemies with a triangle form.
[/b]
It could be Major Stryker. Check out this web page for info and download (Major Stryker is freeware nowdays)
Oh and welcome to the forums Microchip! k:
Jontzzu is offline                         Send a private message to Jontzzu
Old 13-12-2006, 10:38 AM   #7
Microchip

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jontzzu @ Dec 13 2006, 12:33 PM) [snapback]271501[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Microchip @ Dec 10 2006, 12:27 AM) [snapback]271114[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
It could be Major Stryker. Check out this web page for info and download (Major Stryker is freeware nowdays)
Oh and welcome to the forums Microchip! k:
[/b][/quote]

No, it isn't. Thanks btw k: