Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Shall I get an Xbox 360 or remain loyal to just PC games (+DS)
Get the Xbox360 (if you can) 11 25.58%
Don't, why bother with it? 25 58.14%
Buy a GC/PS2/Xbox instead! 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-11-2005, 05:14 AM   #31
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy+Nov 19 2005, 12:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Blood-Pigggy @ Nov 19 2005, 12:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-moogle@Nov 18 2005, 06:50 PM
Stick with PC, Xbox is overated, the only really good Xbox exclusive game they have is Halo.
So that leaves out Ninja Gaiden Black?
How about Far Cry Instincts?
I guess that means the original Ninja Gaiden sucks too.
Maybe even Escape From Butcher Bay!
I guess MechAssualt falls into that category too.
Oh, don't forget Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge.
Dead Or Alive Ultimate too!
Wow, Deathrow too!
Ooh, remember Genma Onimusha is crap too!
I didn't know Oddworld : Stranger's Wrath sucked!
Or even Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders!
Throw Jade Empire in there too please.

I don't see what you mean Moogle. [/b][/quote]
Ninja Gaiden Black: Repetitive hack and slash, PC has tons upon tons if thats your idea of a good game.
Far Cry: Instincts: Have you forgotten its originallynfor PC, not hardly exclusive, and on PC it has way better graphics, AI, and free online multiplay
Escape from Butcher Bay: Also for PC, with more content, and better graphics yet again!
Mech Assault:....ew
Crimsion Skys: Oh yay another flight sim!! Pc has tons of em too! ewth yet again, better graphics, and, zounds! Sometimes even free online multiplay!
Dead or Alive: Are you seriously suggesting this? Everybody knows that the main reason you buy the game is because of the half naked....players....hardly a good title if you ask me.
WTF is deathrow?
Ominusha: Yay hack and slash!! Yet another, I'm starting to see a pattern here!
Hmmm, Oddworld, I must admit that was interesting, however I strongly dislike shooters on counsels in general because of game pads, mouses are by far superior.
Kingdom Under Fire/Jade Empire: Yay RPGs!!!! PC has tons!!! MIght and Magic Dark Messiah anyone? Or if you want something a little faster oaced how about a hot cup of Deungeon Seige? How bout a nice MMORPG too? We've got City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, FF11, Guild Wars, and Everquest 1 and 2!!

...I see what I mean...
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 19-11-2005, 08:28 AM   #32
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally posted by moogle@Nov 19 2005, 06:14 AM
Kingdom Under Fire/Jade Empire: Yay RPGs!!!! PC has tons!!! MIght and Magic Dark Messiah anyone? Or if you want something a little faster oaced how about a hot cup of Deungeon Seige? How bout a nice MMORPG too? We've got City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, FF11, Guild Wars, and Everquest 1 and 2!!
Amen!

EDIT: And dont forget the classic: Ultima Online.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 19-11-2005, 08:58 AM   #33
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

360 Should be good.

Get one.

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 19-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #34
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by moogle+Nov 19 2005, 01:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (moogle @ Nov 19 2005, 01:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Nov 19 2005, 12:19 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-moogle
Quote:
@Nov 18 2005, 06:50 PM
Stick with PC, Xbox is overated, the only really good Xbox exclusive game they have is Halo.

Wow, Deathrow too!

I don't see what you mean Moogle.
Ninja Gaiden Black: Repetitive hack and slash, PC has tons upon tons if thats your idea of a good game.
Far Cry: Instincts: Have you forgotten its originallynfor PC, not hardly exclusive, and on PC it has way better graphics, AI, and free online multiplay
Escape from Butcher Bay: Also for PC, with more content, and better graphics yet again!
Crimsion Skys: Oh yay another flight sim!! Pc has tons of em too! ewth yet again, better graphics, and, zounds! Sometimes even free online multiplay!
Dead or Alive: Are you seriously suggesting this? Everybody knows that the main reason you buy the game is because of the half naked....players....hardly a good title if you ask me.
WTF is deathrow?
Hmmm, Oddworld, I must admit that was interesting, however I strongly dislike shooters on counsels in general because of game pads, mouses are by far superior.

...I see what I mean... [/b][/quote]
The funny thing is, you NEVER played any of those games Moogle.

So don't you start pulling off judgements, another thing, those are fantastic games, every single one of them, so your arguments come in useless.
There will always be exclusives you want to play, and in that case you should have the console just in case.

Reason to buy 360 - Condemned, made by Monolith creator of "F.E.A.R" which was an extroadinary game.
In another argument, why did you post this on the Abandonia forum of all places? This is filled with the older people who've been around for years, and consider older gaming the holy grail on the PC, so they think the console is the devil (some of them anyway), not only that, but there are PC fanatics in here, meaning, lots of bias.

Oh, free multiplay has flaws.
I haven't played one X-Box live game that lagged or chugged, only if the game had a crappy frame rate in the first place. It also never has connection problems, or server waiting.
X-Box Live is cheap too, just about 50 bucks a year or so, I suggest you get the 360, the multiplayer seems awesome, although I'm not sure they announced any Live games yet.

P.S. - Dungeon Siege is a hideously repetitive dungeon tromp, so that doesn't bring up a good point behind repetition.

Hey guys, you should stafoo now maybe, don't want this to turn into another flamewar (by saying this, I already know someone is going to reply to this post and say "Nuh uh, you are WRONG".)

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 19-11-2005, 01:59 PM   #35
Alf Hari

For my money, I'd rather go with the PS3. I've got a PSX and PS2, so brand loyalty has something to do with it. I'm not sure if Microsoft has Halo 3 in the works, but I reckon the new Killzone title for the PS3 will seriosly compete with it.

Considering that the original Killzone is awesome, and there are rumours of another one on the PS2 before the jump to PS3, they should be able to step it up to make a really good game. I don't have online play for my PS2, but I heard that it was free compared to the X-Box Live. If they make PS3 online play free, and good, it will give another reason for buying that console.

As for PC games, I'll still play them. However, it can be costly to upgrade a whole computer as compared to buying a new console every five years. With a console, you get a set of games that you know will work perfectly on your hardware, and the games companies can spend lots of time optimising their code for the platform because they are all the same, creating a better game.

However, a PC is good for some games, and consoles for others. Crimson Skies is a good example of designing different games for different platforms. A while after the original Crimson Skies came out on PC, I bought it and played it to death. I think it is one of the most easily playable games on PC I've seen. This is because I have an old two-axis two-button joystick to play it with, and a whole set of keyboard buttons for throttle controls and weapons selections. This meant I could keep playing the game until I got really good at the complicated style to it.

When the Crimson Skies game was released on the X-Box, I played it and thought it was good, even though the game was completely changed. Practically, it was a different game. I still liked it though, but for different reasons. The gameplay was 'dumbed down' to make it more arcade, and to suit the X-Box controller, so the game ended up being a more action-packed console title. Anyway, since it was limited to a few buttons and two tiny joysticks, it played with more button-mashing and was the sort of game you could play with other people. The PC version was better single-player and had more in-depth controls like a flight-sim.

So it all depends on what sort of gameplay you prefer - there's nothing against having both a console and a PC (you probably need to have spare money to throw away though).
Alf Hari is offline                         Send a private message to Alf Hari
Old 19-11-2005, 02:02 PM   #36
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I remember that the press thought Killzone wasn't that great.
I mean, I liked it, but they gave it average scores, likes 7 or 7.5.
It didn't sell that well either, that I heard of, so I'm not sure that it could possibly even compete with Halo.

But we all know that Halo has a massive following of rabid and insane fans.
I'm looking forward to some new and original shooters on the PS3.
There is a good reason to ignore the 360, and that's Resident Evil 5 on the PS3. :Brain:

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 19-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #37
Alf Hari

I never got into the Resident Evil games, but I'm not surprised that they've made that many. :P

As for Killzone, it's my favourite PS2 game. The gameplay is awesome in the first mission and gets a bit worse from then on, but you can tell they pushed the PS2 to the limit for visuals and details like guns, sounds and effects. If you've seen the trailer for Killzone on the PS3, you'll know why it makes the original gameplay look weak and predictable. The original could've done with some more enemies and allies on screen at once, but I believe that this limitation was due to hardware, and by the looks of the trailer, the PS3 version will have more people and vehicles in missions.
Alf Hari is offline                         Send a private message to Alf Hari
Old 19-11-2005, 02:30 PM   #38
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy+Nov 19 2005, 03:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Blood-Pigggy @ Nov 19 2005, 03:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by moogle@Nov 19 2005, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Nov 19 2005, 12:19 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-moogle
Quote:
Quote:
@Nov 18 2005, 06:50 PM

Wow, Deathrow too!

I don't see what you mean Moogle.

WTF is deathrow?

...I see what I mean...
The funny thing is, you NEVER played any of those games Moogle.

So don't you start pulling off judgements, another thing, those are fantastic games, every single one of them, so your arguments come in useless.
There will always be exclusives you want to play, and in that case you should have the console just in case.

Reason to buy 360 - Condemned, made by Monolith creator of "F.E.A.R" which was an extroadinary game.
In another argument, why did you post this on the Abandonia forum of all places? This is filled with the older people who've been around for years, and consider older gaming the holy grail on the PC, so they think the console is the devil (some of them anyway), not only that, but there are PC fanatics in here, meaning, lots of bias.

Oh, free multiplay has flaws.
I haven't played one X-Box live game that lagged or chugged, only if the game had a crappy frame rate in the first place. It also never has connection problems, or server waiting.
X-Box Live is cheap too, just about 50 bucks a year or so, I suggest you get the 360, the multiplayer seems awesome, although I'm not sure they announced any Live games yet.

P.S. - Dungeon Siege is a hideously repetitive dungeon tromp, so that doesn't bring up a good point behind repetition.

Hey guys, you should stafoo now maybe, don't want this to turn into another flamewar (by saying this, I already know someone is going to reply to this post and say "Nuh uh, you are WRONG".) [/b][/quote]
First of all thank you to all for your suggestions so far, including you.

Now, you ask why I even asked this question in this forum. Well, because though there are some older than 15y olds here, they also tend to have far greater experience with gaming, including non pc gaming than the much younger among us, including perhaps even you.
I am not going to ask this in a forum that is solely populated by young teenagers or gaming console fans. I already know their replies. Getting answers from a mixed, to a heavier dosage of "older" gamers is what I want in the first place, not only for the reasons mentioned but also because I am one of those older gamers in the first place.

Now, please chill out, you can give some valuable info on the subject, and I appreciate it, but that includes not getting offended by people who say that they think the Xbox sucks, perhaps just because they want to say that it sucks.

I am not going to choose to get one just from the number of people or how loud they are, but by good arguments too. I am also a bit more clever than idiot so I do not get confused or mislead so easily, I read very carefuly all the answers/replies given here.

Everyone please continue if you like this conversation about to Xbox or not.

I also want to add some info about my gaming habits. I play mostly strategy games, rpg, racing, FPS, some general action games, and the occassional (now days) sim. I am not thinking that the Xbox 360 will be the best platform for strategy games (80% of my gaming time), but for the rest it might be.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 19-11-2005, 03:11 PM   #39
Partizanka
Forum hobbit

The Xbox wasn't so great for role playing games, and I doubt this trend will change on the 360 (And looking at the upcoming games, one sees hardly anything on the horizen to change this opinion.)

I have no particular loyalty to any of the consoles, as I already own the "Big Three" and have enjoyed them each, although I do find the extended library for the Playstation games to be far superior to most things on the Xbox.

Really, for the genres you named, I don't see the 360 coming in superior right now, especially since there is nothing to compare it to with the PS3 and the Revolution so far away. If you really wanted to get one of the next generation consoles, I'd wait until at least the PS3 comes out, by then the 360 SHOULD have a larger selection of games, and you can make a more informed decision.

Because of my job, I've been able to spend a great deal of time with a 360 lately. Really, most of the games look good, but they can look just as good on a computer usually (Madden 2006 being the only major exception I've seen). I can understand people who don't want to buy a gaming PC, (Although I disagree) and in that regards, the 360 right now is on par with PCs. The games though, just not that great. My favorites are Kameo and King Kong, which I would rate as fun, but not particularly awe inspiring for the latest and greatest games. Call of Duty 2 I've already had the ability to play on my computer for quite some time now, so thats fairly pointless, and the rest just don't interest me except Condemned, which is surprisingly underwhelming, despite its good hand to hand combat (Better even then the Riddick game)

Its basicly the lack of variety that I find most troublsome though. The other day someone asked me "What is a good Role playing game for the Xbox" to which I replied "Good Luck". This was a slightly sarcastic remark (Morrowind, Arx Fatalis and Fable are all role playing games, although they are all available on the PC in a superior form) but it shows the trouble with the Microsoft consoles. The American system just does not offer the variety in games and genres that other systems do.

So in conclusion, I would say at the very least, hang on until the competition is here, so you can make a more informed conclusion. Look careful at the libraries of each system to determine which you would rather get, and don't forget the older consoles, which are now substationally cheaper (Especially used or refurbished) and have larger libraries by virtue of being around longer.
Partizanka is offline                         Send a private message to Partizanka
Old 19-11-2005, 03:33 PM   #40
Shunk Eat Enemy
Game Wizzard

The only real reason i see that consoles have going for them is fighting games. Anyways i have hated consoles since they put medal of honor on them for the PS1 i mean wtf this is terriable. You can play far more superiorly with a mouse and keyboard. The enemy is just dummed down so you can beat them and now a new trend to make FPS on consoles easier is you regenerate and in some ur bullets home in or autoaim.
I dont possialbe see whats the big deal with them. The only reason i enjoy my PS2 is platformers like rachet and clank series and devil may cry 1 and 3 (you know why i left out 2)
PC's do not OUT date faster then consoles. Not every new game for the pc will be graphic demanding and the graphics dont really effect the gameplay but it matters how much fun you have playing it. Also look at the all the old games you got for the pc you can play. Pc's also have RTS's have you ever played a ''good'' rts on a console i know they tryed adding a command and conquer but i cant really imagine how that would work on a controller :blink:

EDIT 2 eh im 15 and i hate consoles
Shunk Eat Enemy is offline                         Send a private message to Shunk Eat Enemy