Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 08:00 AM   #31
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I just wanted to say that my experience on this forum has been, and still is polite and kind and above all helpful -

So thanks guys

(but I guess it's fair play to say that if you act rudely and stupidly, more often than not people will treat you the same way.)
Old 06-08-2006, 08:07 AM   #32
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lulu_Jane @ Aug 6 2006, 08:00 AM) [snapback]246949[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I just wanted to say that my experience on this forum has been, and still is polite and kind and above all helpful
[/b]
But you are supposed to be a girl (at least your nickname and your profile suggest it) so everyone will be more polite, patient and kind with you...
Old 06-08-2006, 11:53 AM   #33
faralar
Abandonia nerd

are we detecting gender issues here :bleh:
faralar is offline                         Send a private message to faralar
Old 06-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #34
Japo
Autonomous human

Rather that we men are the true weak sex. :P
Old 06-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #35
plague
Abandonia nerd

Seems that it isn't so awfully nice to have a penis after all. <_< (Stupid Monty Python)
plague is offline                         Send a private message to plague
Old 06-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #36
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

How about changing the male/female option to insults/b*tt-kissing?

Seriously: I'm a newbie as good as any, and some will probably think I'm a noob. Even though I'm a bit older than the younger ones (for pretty obvious reasons) I can say this: Many newbies/noobs know very little of internet courtesy, they're impatient, meaning they perhaps are so overy keen on getting their hand on that game that they don't find time to search or do research before asking "annoying" questions. Beside, some may think that the "pros" here know the answers, and that it's easier to just ask straight away. I'm not proposing any remedies, except maybe if the flamethrowers, so to speak, remembered what it was like to be an impatient "brat", then it would be a short step to be more patient while giggeling, remembering themselves.

Cheers for A, btw. And I can't say I have felt abused or thumped at here, except when my own impatience got the better of me.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #37
guesst
Abandonia Homie

You know, the last one should be "Why don't I have a custom title yet?"
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 07-08-2006, 07:35 AM   #38
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

I was getting a speach ready for this thread, the general outline being how much i hate noobs and how i wish they would just work out dosbox by themselves without spamming this site with bloody stupid "game dont work threads" and that they didnt exist and how much better off this world would be without them. But then i started thinking about my first experience of being a n00b, and looked up my very first post/thread on the forum. My first and probably most embarrassing thing i saw was the name i had for it, which was "Xatax Dunt Werk" (stupid stupid stupid :wallbash: ). It didnt get much better from thereon, including my own "wassa Dosbox" and "can it be downloded", dammit. To make a long story a bit shorter bit still pretty long, i guess we were all just n00bs once, as embarrassing as the thought is. By the way, on the note of that Xatax thread, i would like to apologise to and thank frodo, jimmyj and A.J. Raffles for taking the time to post to my stupid thread in my time of noobness. Also an honourable mention could go to 5th horseman for
Quote:
A newbie who has actually read the FAQ's? Wow. Now that's something rare...[/b]
thanks guys
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 07-08-2006, 11:32 AM   #39
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Hey, newbies rarely read the FAQs by themselves, both back then and now.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-08-2006, 03:43 AM   #40
Iowa
Game Wizzard

They're a mysterious breed, those newbies...*looks at own user rank* :wallbash: dammit!