Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-06-2005, 03:17 PM   #21
Walter o' Dim

I can't get the sound to work in Win XP. Any clues?
Walter o' Dim is offline                         Send a private message to Walter o' Dim
Old 05-03-2006, 12:06 PM   #22
tommygirl

I just downloaded all the lemmings games here and i cant get any of the to work, not even DOS box. Is it because I'm running 2000 professional because with some games it does the same thing, opens, half loads then disappears. If anyone has 2000 Professional and got this game to work can ya tell me how pleeeeeeeeeease. I love this game!

Old 11-04-2006, 08:48 AM   #23

I just played Christmas Lemmings Yesterday on my AmigaOne... (through e-uae). That was great fun of those old classic moment !

/me

Old 11-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #24
justme

@tommygirl

You can always download the ADF file (various websites "offer" it... or using a Torrent)... Then you can play it through WinUAE for example.

/me

Old 25-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #25
Guest_ian
Wink

I have the oh no more lemmings pack (3 disks i think) but had the xmas and holiday lemmings years ago from a magazine front disk (now lost) they are just long enough for a short game and better if theres a few of you to give suggestions for solving them.
many thanks for making them available again.

Old 10-11-2006, 02:07 PM   #26
puzngoer
Lurker

in the game I hear no music and sounds. please help me!
without music makes the game no fun

(sry I can´t good english)

LG jule
puzngoer is offline                         Send a private message to puzngoer
Old 10-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #27
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It seems you are trying to run the game in plain Windows. I strongly suggest you use DosBox instead.
You can download it here.

If you have any problems with it, try having a look at the official FAQ on the DosBox site.
Basic Setup and Installation
Command Line
Z instead of C at the command prompt
Internal Programs (important, especially MOUNT)
Most of the stuff in there is not really needed, but you would do best to familiarize yourself with the specific topics I linked to.
The mounting of your DosBox games directory, switching the promt to the emulated C: drive and clearing the screen from previous commands can all be executed from the [autoexec] section of dosbox.conf, so you won't have to re-type them every time round.
Frontend programs can help running DosBox with varying configurations for different games.
For both a more accessible user interface and oldschool feel, you can use Norton Commander (get it from our programs and utilities page - scroll down to the bottom to find it). NC might seem awkward at first, but in fact it is a very functional genuine DOS era file manager frontend. It has a plethora of functions that will help you in navigating around the directories, while still retaining the command prompt.

Though all of this might seem complicated, it's very easy once you get used to it. So remember:

DON'T PANIC!!!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #28
andy_blah

I`m having a sound problem, only that`s in DOSBox. I only hear pc speaker beeps instead of AdLib music. I think it comes from the installation of lemmings that is probably set to make pc speaker beeps. Does anyone know what to do in this case?

EDIT: For those who are experiencing this problem try to reduce the CPU Cycles around 3000 in DOSBox`s configuration file or if you use a frontend like D-Fend change the setting for the game profile .

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman
Try running the game's config utility and changing that.
Thanks for this one
andy_blah is offline                         Send a private message to andy_blah
Old 22-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #29
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try running the game's config utility and changing that.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-11-2007, 05:08 PM   #30
red_avatar
Administrator

For everyone who like to play festive games around Christmas: this is THE perfect game. Especially made for Christmas, I used to look forward each year to the new release, with a demo of 3-4 levels for free. Incredibly hard to find an original box version of any of these games sadly enough.
red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar