Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-08-2005, 09:23 AM   #1
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

I have finished QFG 1,2 and 3. But now,im stucked in fourth part,because of that damn Tanya and Domovoi thing.

I have read many walktroughts and they tell me that the Domovoi will wake me up in the midnight,but it never happens. The game is patched.

Any help? :help:
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 11-08-2005, 05:05 PM   #2
Galadrin
Abandonia nerd

It's been a long time since I played QFG 4 but I *think* you have to help the domovoi in the mansion (in town) before the other appears... I don't know if that's any help.
Galadrin is offline                         Send a private message to Galadrin
Old 11-08-2005, 05:52 PM   #3
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

@ The Chosen

When you go to the pub to sleep, keep choosing 'sleep for 1 hour'.
Eventually you will be told 'you are getting tired \ sleepy''.
Now it is midnight. Go back downstairs and talk to the Domaviti (he is hard to spot).

Hope that helps.
k:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 11-08-2005, 07:48 PM   #4
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Frodo@Aug 11 2005, 10:52 AM
@ The Chosen

When you go to the pub to sleep, keep choosing 'sleep for 1 hour'.
Eventually you will be told 'you are getting tired \ sleepy''.
Now it is midnight.* Go back downstairs and talk to the Domaviti (he is hard to spot).

Hope that helps.
k:
While this is correct in part, he is also incorrect.

I consider myself somewhat of a QFG master, so let me explain the situation to you k:

First: Although you CAN free the Domovoi in the mansion first, you shouldn't because then you lose part of the story line with the Inn Domovoi.

Second: Frodo described the process of seeing him at night correctly, although you won't have to look very hard. He's pretty big, and the only reason you might not see him is because he's kind of a dark color. However, just look the the right and you will see this weird midget thing...that's Domovoi.

Third: Alright, this one will probably piss you off the most, as it did me the first time I played Shadows of Darkness. There IS a bug in the game. You must visit the Domovoi, and this is important, WITHIN THE FIRST FIVE DAYS OF PLAYING! I'm almost positive it's five, although it might be ten. Ever since I first missed this opportunity, I just do it right away. It is essential to the game that you see him. If you don't you're buggered, and you have to start the game over to win. I know it's a pain in the behind, but I found it worth it because this one is probably one of my favorite in the series (apart from QFG2) If you've missed the opportunity to visit him already, then I'm apologze, and feel your pain as you restart the game.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 12-08-2005, 12:11 PM   #5
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally posted by ReamusLQ@Aug 11 2005, 07:48 PM
Third: Alright, this one will probably piss you off the most, as it did me the first time I played Shadows of Darkness. There IS a bug in the game. You must visit the Domovoi, and this is important, WITHIN THE FIRST FIVE DAYS OF PLAYING! I'm almost positive it's five, although it might be ten. Ever since I first missed this opportunity, I just do it right away. It is essential to the game that you see him. If you don't you're buggered, and you have to start the game over to win. I know it's a pain in the behind, but I found it worth it because this one is probably one of my favorite in the series (apart from QFG2) If you've missed the opportunity to visit him already, then I'm apologze, and feel your pain as you restart the game.

Great...looks like im going to have to start over.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 12-08-2005, 04:51 PM   #6
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by TheChosen+Aug 12 2005, 05:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheChosen @ Aug 12 2005, 05:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ReamusLQ@Aug 11 2005, 07:48 PM
Third:* Alright, this one will probably piss you off the most, as it did me the first time I played Shadows of Darkness.* There IS a bug in the game.* You must visit the Domovoi, and this is important, WITHIN THE FIRST FIVE DAYS OF PLAYING!* I'm almost positive it's five, although it might be ten.* Ever since I first missed this opportunity, I just do it right away.* It is essential to the game that you see him.* If you don't you're buggered, and you have to start the game over to win.* I know it's a pain in the behind, but I found it worth it because this one is probably one of my favorite in the series (apart from QFG2)* If you've missed the opportunity to visit him already, then I'm apologze, and feel your pain as you restart the game.

Great...looks like im going to have to start over. [/b][/quote]
sorry friend...
Old 12-08-2005, 09:41 PM   #7
Galadrin
Abandonia nerd

Sorry for the bum help... like I said, it's been a while since I played
Old 13-08-2005, 12:08 AM   #8
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Galadrin@Aug 12 2005, 02:41 PM
Sorry for the bum help... like I said, it's been a while since I played
don't sweat it man. I remember the first time I played, I helped the Domovoi in the mansion before I saw the one in the Inn, but you loose part of the story line that is nice to have.
Old 14-08-2005, 02:25 AM   #9
Galadrin
Abandonia nerd

yeah, I played QFG4 through many times years ago... I haven't taken the time to play them through for a while though. All's I really remember is to make sure that I go and do the that thing in the swamp right off the bat. Well, that and the whole scene with the girl and the monster can still bring a tear to my eye. What can I say, I'm a sap.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #10
Godz

Just found this thread while doing a QFG search....did you ever beat it? This game is one of my all time favs
Godz is offline                         Send a private message to Godz