Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-07-2006, 02:51 PM   #11
A-Train Guest

Great game, used to spend days playing this on the old Amiga 500. Once I accidentally left the computer on for a couple of days and when I came back my city had grown huge

Anyway i've got the same problem as the previous poster, I can play it in DOSbox monochrome (but with music) or I can play it in DOS with colour but no music (except for click-click on the internal speaker).

My version of DOSbox in 0.63 so those of you running successfully which version of DOSbox are you using?

Old 15-07-2006, 04:28 PM   #12
A-Train Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(A-Train Guest @ Jul 15 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]243415[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
My version of DOSbox in 0.63 so those of you running successfully which version of DOSbox are you using?
[/b]
Fixed, updated to DOSBox v0.65 and it's running perfectly k:

Old 21-07-2006, 08:55 PM   #13
a-train fan

Hi All,
I used to play this game a lot and was very happy to find that I could Dl it but I also have issues trying to run it. When I use DOSbox 0.65 and run the AT.EXE DOSbox closes and nothing happens. I can get it running from command prompt but it is monochrome and no music (which I used to lkove) and it runs on internal speaker. Not sure but I think it is also running too fast aswell. (I have changed the speed slider down). I am running on XP pro and know that this system has some gremlins when running older games. Any ideas/suggestions??

Old 21-07-2006, 11:28 PM   #14

I am having a mare trying to install this game !! please can any 1 help with a step by step guide

Old 22-07-2006, 01:31 PM   #15

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 21 2006, 11:28 PM) [snapback]244398[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I am having a mare trying to install this game !! please can any 1 help with a step by step guide
[/b]
You ought to be able to get it running by going to the start menu, then select "run" and type "cmd". this should bring up the command prompt (DOS) then type "c:\maxis\atrain\atrain" (although this will depend on where the game has been installed on your c drive but on mine it is as above). This should get the game up and running but you may find you experience the same issues that I do... i.e. monochrome with no sound except internal speakers.
Do you have DOSbox? If so have you tried running it on that? If you do not have it you can find it at this link:

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php...9cf75c79f247c89

either way let me know how you get on it would be interesting to see if you have the same probs as me.
BTW what is your OS?

Old 23-07-2006, 10:02 PM   #16

Hi, tried it but says the system cannot find the path specified!

i do have dosbox installed but no idea how it all works

Old 24-07-2006, 09:33 PM   #17
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

you can mount drives. For example, you make a folder "dosgames" on C:\. Then you go into dosbox and type
mount c c:\dosgames
This command mounts the dosgames folder as your C:\ drive in dosbox. You can then put your games folders in that folder and run them from dosbox just like you would run them on a dos PC.
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 25-07-2006, 05:24 AM   #18
Brain_Petoria

Hi there !

First, you have probably give the answer before, but i'm very poor in english (it's not my birth language).

So, yesterday i have downloaded Dosbox windows version and A-train.

But i don't have any idea of how play at this game ! Can you explain simply for me how to play at this game with or without dosbox? (i have Win98 SE).

Thanks a lot !

Old 25-07-2006, 08:39 AM   #19
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

You can try to start this game following DOSBox Tutorial step by step k:
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 25-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #20

Grinder !!

thanks for your help so far. I`v now got all the games i want in a folder in the c drive called dosgames !! now how the hell do i run a-train from there then??

cheers