Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #71
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Doesn't. JDownloader makes things easier, but is not an absolute requirement.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #72
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Shadow Man lists compatibility as Windows XP.

Aside from that, JDownloader was a nice application, but it refused to download every other file from the site in the ISO Cellar, so I did the download manually. Once that was complete, I found out I only needed to download three files:
- shadowman1.rar
- an application to extract the files from shadowman1.rar
- an ISO application to extract the actual game files using SHADOWMAN1.cue, which is contained within shadowman1.rar

I already had the last two applications. The only other thing needed was my existing Saves directory, the CutScene.inf, the ShadowMan.exe and D3DConfigUtility.exe applications from the original download at Abandonia.

Best of luck, Twillight!

Funny thing...a small typo in Shadow Man turns into Shad Woman
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid
Old 20-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #73
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohne Mitleid View Post
Shadow Man lists compatibility as Windows XP.

Aside from that, JDownloader was a nice application, but it refused to download every other file from the site in the ISO Cellar, so I did the download manually. Once that was complete, I found out I only needed to download three files:
- shadowman1.rar
- an application to extract the files from shadowman1.rar
- an ISO application to extract the actual game files using SHADOWMAN1.cue, which is contained within shadowman1.rar

I already had the last two applications. The only other thing needed was my existing Saves directory, the CutScene.inf, the ShadowMan.exe and D3DConfigUtility.exe applications from the original download at Abandonia.

Best of luck, Twillight!

Funny thing...a small typo in Shadow Man turns into Shad Woman
You're a lifesaver OM. I got confused what I'd need from that archive, so I checked the net for other possibilities, and found a version on rapidshare. Guess what: I extracted that, burned it, installed, runned setup - and when I try "play", it simply does squat. There goes a cd.
Now I'm downloading the stuff from the iso-cellar link. At least we know You had no problem with that.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 20-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #74
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I've downloaded the iso-version, and I'm at the point where captchaossega stoped.

I've extracted the shadowman1.rar, ended up with these files:
- shadowman1.ccd
- shadowman1.cue
- shadowman1.img.ecm
- shadowman1.sub
- unecm.bat
- unecam.exe

As dosraider mentioned .ecm means you need to do more then just burn the .cue, I ask what to do now? (Have no access to JDownloader.)
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 20-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #75
dosraider
Dismembered.

You have your answer in the ISO cellar topic, no need to post twice the same.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 21-12-2010, 07:39 AM   #76
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Burnt the CD, but still no success with the jump.
It is either the savegame, or my computer, or the game itself.
As OM stated he used this version for a full playing, it must be either my save or my computer.
Old 21-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #77
dosraider
Dismembered.

There is the possibility that your keyb respons is too slow.
...Not likely, I know, but I had that problem once, don't remember what game, but switching the keyb solved the problem.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 21-12-2010, 12:03 PM   #78
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
There is the possibility that your keyb respons is too slow.
...Not likely, I know, but I had that problem once, don't remember what game, but switching the keyb solved the problem.
I went and tried to anger the dogs on myself to overload my graphical memory, and yes, the many details seem to cause some kind of lag on my keyboard.

I don't know if the cause is my keyboard, graphic-card, CPU, or what, but the conclusin seem obvious: "buy a new computer, sucker". (or someone could do the jump for me)

Besides if anyone interrested:
when porting in and out from the Temple of Fire the once-activated Sisters will still be active when you return. The only good thing is, that broken plates will be repleaced too, so they can't overwhelm you.

Another note: with the pistol in the starting area barrels and planks can be shooted, so that means free cadeauxes for you. The dark souls can not be collected yet, but if you just got a wp somewhere (or even better never even left Liveside at the beggining), go for it to have the first 100 cadeaux sooner.

New enemy: crocodiles. They are lazy bastards, meaning no threat at all. Just do not swim beside their head, and everything will be good.

But as I'm stuck for now for good, I won't d any mapping on that.

Last edited by twillight; 22-12-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 22-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #79
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Someone asked previously what's the difference between the crack and the iso-cellar version. It seems nothing but some annoying background-music. (At least it annoyed me, so I turned the volume of it to 0.)

The CD-version offers 3 parts to install. If you only install the "program files", it takes minimal space, but suffer load-time of ages. Picking the full install will require the CD inerted (as copy protection), but otherwise installs everything on your computer.
Old 23-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #80
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You have your answer in the ISO cellar topic, no need to post twice the same.
No, this is not true. Your post lists a lot of downloads to burn a CD. My post, as you quoted and edited to state ' blah blah blah', is a way to play the game by installing to your HD.

I did a hex file compare vs each of the installs and found differences only in those which would affect performance. Otherwise, your download of all of those file is a waste of time.

Refute if you must. Do it yourself first before that though..."I already own the CD" or not
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid