Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #41
Pellaeon
Abandonia nerd

Salute!

I remember this game. I was flying a lot with this game, and I still remember that this game led me to the world of Red Baron 3D Multiplayer. I would say that both of these games are good, none is better than the other one. However, there is an expansion of this 256-coloured Red Baron game, which had more crafts (If I remember well, the Nieuport 11, Halberstadt D.II, Fokker D.VIII and the others), and had a mission builder, that's why it was called Red Baron Mission Builder Expansion.

Someone wrote: "I remember a Red Baron which was capable to a multiplayer game where fifty planes flew simultaneously." - That is the Red Baron 3D, and if there's an event like War Forces or Red Baron World League, there are as many planes fighting, even today. Unfortunately, there are not too much people on the servers today.

However, I must say that this game is one of the best DOS flight sims. There are others that I like, for example the F-29 Retaliator (which I like to upload), but this is my personal favourite. So I don't have to tell people that I rate this: five.
Pellaeon is offline                         Send a private message to Pellaeon
Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #42
powdernsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellaeon View Post
Salute!

I remember this game. I was flying a lot with this game, and I still remember that this game led me to the world of Red Baron 3D Multiplayer. I would say that both of these games are good, none is better than the other one. However, there is an expansion of this 256-coloured Red Baron game, which had more crafts (If I remember well, the Nieuport 11, Halberstadt D.II, Fokker D.VIII and the others), and had a mission builder, that's why it was called Red Baron Mission Builder Expansion.

Someone wrote: "I remember a Red Baron which was capable to a multiplayer game where fifty planes flew simultaneously." - That is the Red Baron 3D, and if there's an event like War Forces or Red Baron World League, there are as many planes fighting, even today. Unfortunately, there are not too much people on the servers today.

However, I must say that this game is one of the best DOS flight sims. There are others that I like, for example the F-29 Retaliator (which I like to upload), but this is my personal favourite. So I don't have to tell people that I rate this: five.

You are like a 'King of Flight Sims'. :laugh:

I am just about ready to play and will comment on it later. Admittedly, I'm terrible at these kinds of games and I'd like to play something fun and simple, so I'll start here. ._.;

Last edited by powdernsky; 09-08-2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Corrected Recommendation > >
powdernsky is offline                         Send a private message to powdernsky
Old 19-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #43
Tricolor
Lurker

Simply the best flight sim ever!!
Tricolor is offline                         Send a private message to Tricolor
Old 10-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #44
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

From now on sold on gog.com

For those who have doubts on the freeware status here's an excerpt from the readme of the copy which was distributed for free in the past:

Quote:
This software is copyrighted. This software and documentation is licensed to you by Sierra On-Line. You may copy it onto a computer for your own personal use and you may make back up copies of the software to protect your software against loss. This software may be used by more than one person, and may be freely moved from one computer location to another provided that there is no possibility of the software being used at one location or on one computer while it is being used at another. The software can not legally be used by two different people in different places at the same time. You may not modify, network, rent, lease, loan, distribute the software or create derivative works based upon the software in whole or in part, and you may not electronically transmit the software from one computer to another or over a network.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 14-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #45
CSDanger

Can please somebody be so nice and even add the Somme Front map? It is not included in the zip file. This would be so great because when you start playing a campaign as an allied pilot you ALWAYS start in the Somme region. Its a little stupid don't know where to fly to and where is your aerodrome.
CSDanger is offline                         Send a private message to CSDanger
Old 13-08-2018, 09:55 PM   #46
dos5.0
Lurker

Hi guys...is there a download button for dos version that im not seeing? only the maps and manual have download buttons...
dos5.0 is offline                         Send a private message to dos5.0
Old 14-08-2018, 06:40 PM   #47
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

It's marked "Sold" that means "You can buy it - so do it from copyright holder".
Old 18-08-2018, 01:44 PM   #48
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos5.0 View Post
Hi guys...is there a download button for dos version that im not seeing? only the maps and manual have download buttons...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
It's marked "Sold" that means "You can buy it - so do it from copyright holder".
It is as Grandmaster Spectreman said, the game is not available for download since the link shows where you can get or buy it.

By the way, the icons below are clear and intuitive...

- You are free to download it.

- You have to buy it.

- You cannot download it since it is protected.

Last edited by Mystvan; 21-08-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan