Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-06-2006, 12:00 AM   #21
plix
Game freak

For what it's worth, I'm not such a big fan of the using branded software generated software like this. I poked through the source a bit for the XUL (Firefox/Mozilla) version and I'm not a big fan of the data collection when something this straightforward would be relatively easy to write yourself.
plix is offline                         Send a private message to plix
Old 27-06-2006, 02:43 AM   #22
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, not every single person on earth can write a program for themselves...

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 27-06-2006, 03:47 AM   #23
plix
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jun 26 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]239889[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well, not every single person on earth can write a program for themselves...[/b]
And that somehow invalidates my criticism? I'm not trying to bash SupSuper, but clicking through a form isn't exactly impressive or worth-while. I made some comments that I thought would add value to his offering. Take it how ever you want, but not everyone can perform surgery, drive a car, or do any one of a number of other things. While this toolbar can't kill you, it does raise some privacy concerns which I personally consider safety issues.

I was offering what I felt to be constructive criticism. I wasn't being cruel nor even harsh and I see no reason whatsoever for you to insert your completely baseless and off-topic implications of the contrary.
Old 27-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #24
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Wow.
You just went nuts. Good man, real good.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 27-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #25
SupSuper
Games Master

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bobbin Threadbare @ Jun 26 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]239737[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Personally, I don't like the current one. (please don't hate me Sup! ) I made a new GUI like thing but I can't script this or whatever.

Note: The search text is THEME dependant.

[/b]
Like Tom says, it's kind of long. Plus I don't have that much customizability available.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(plix @ Jun 27 2006, 01:00 AM) [snapback]239874[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
For what it's worth, I'm not such a big fan of the using branded software generated software like this. I poked through the source a bit for the XUL (Firefox/Mozilla) version and I'm not a big fan of the data collection when something this straightforward would be relatively easy to write yourself.
[/b]
I used EffectiveBrand because it was the only free-toolbar-making-thingy that I found lying around, plus it's easy to maintain and outputs for both IE and Firefox. If you're that worried, don't use it, make your own if you want.

If you can find me a guide for making a Firefox addon / IE toolbar, I'll have a look.
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 27-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #26
plix
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jun 27 2006, 06:31 AM) [snapback]239926[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Wow.
You just went nuts. Good man, real good.[/b]
What's your deal? You seem to pop up every so often and make some baseless remark about how I'm being inconsiderate or an idiot and, in doing so, add nothing to the conversation. Then you'll hang around and defend yourself by saying things like "you just went nuts."

It's *dirty word* irritating. It's also pointless and borderline trolling.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SupSuper @ Jun 27 2006, 01:05 PM) [snapback]239986[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I used EffectiveBrand because it was the only free-toolbar-making-thingy that I found lying around, plus it's easy to maintain and outputs for both IE and Firefox. If you're that worried, don't use it, make your own if you want.

If you can find me a guide for making a Firefox addon / IE toolbar, I'll have a look.[/b]
Firefox addons/extensions aren't terribly complicated: they're just XUL + JavaScript. XPI files are zip archives -- just like JAR files. Open up the Firefox version and, assuming that you've had some experience with XML and JavaScript it should be pretty easy to poke around and try things out. Mozilla.org has a wealth of information on both JavaScript and XUL.

As for IE extensions: I'm not terribly sure. I've never messed around with them at all.
Old 28-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #27
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SupSuper @ Jun 28 2006, 03:05 AM) [snapback]239986[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bobbin Threadbare @ Jun 26 2006, 01:36 PM) [snapback]239737[/snapback]
Quote:
Personally, I don't like the current one. (please don't hate me Sup! ) I made a new GUI like thing but I can't script this or whatever.

Note: The search text is THEME dependant.

[/b]
Like Tom says, it's kind of long. Plus I don't have that much customizability available.[/b][/quote]
Oh, nononnonono! The RSS feeds bit only goes until the end of the browser window.So, it depends on the browser width.
Old 21-08-2006, 10:16 AM   #28
uk_john2005
Forum hobbit

How do you configure the RSS? It just scolls saying it has not been configured, but there is no way to configure it!
uk_john2005 is offline                         Send a private message to uk_john2005
Old 10-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #29
hassaland

im not sure,but the toolbar dont work in ffox 2 :wallbash:

hassaland is offline                         Send a private message to hassaland
Old 20-12-2006, 09:53 PM   #30
bobson
Game is over

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr's O'versanne @ Nov 10 2006, 01:08 PM) [snapback]266270[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
im not sure,but the toolbar dont work in ffox 2 :wallbash:
[/b]
Anyone knows what to do to make it work in FF 2.0 ?
I feel like my hand is cut off without seeing abandonia logo in my browser after first few seconds ... :w00t: