Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-01-2011, 03:38 AM   #51
Aramazon
Abandonia nerd

Default Poison!!

Hey! How do I deal with poison, I'm learning to handle myself otherwise, but I have no way to heal poison so that when I do get poisoned it's always game over for me...
Aramazon is offline                         Send a private message to Aramazon
Old 28-01-2011, 05:50 AM   #52
MightyMouser

For poison the cleric has a spell that will take care of poison. But it's a level four spell so it's a ways off before it can be used. I'm not really one to comment, I played it for the first time just last night. But guessing, I'm sure you can get healed at a temple (haven't made any money to do anything at the temple myself, so not sure).

This game is pretty enjoyable. Normally I don't really care too much for these first person dungeon crawlers like Eye of the Beholder or something, excluding Ultima Underworld. But this is fun, for some reason.

Hard game, but I like that it's so difficult at the beginning.
MightyMouser is offline                         Send a private message to MightyMouser
Old 28-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #53
Aramazon
Abandonia nerd

Yeah, but I can't afford to pay for that every time I get poisoned, my problem now is that I've gotten away from the first town, and things are a bit tough and I can't quite seem to make it back
Old 28-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #54
MightyMouser

Haha yeah, I just played it some more a bit ago and got poisoned myself. 25 gold for EACH party member? Damn, this game is expensive.

The items in general are pretty irksome too. There's no way to tell how much more efficient your character will be with a hand axe than with a club.

I mean, I played for a while fighting with a bare hands before realizing that the clubs I had were just in my backpack and I hadn't equipped them yet. So I dug those out and equipped them. Then later I got some money and bought a couple of hand axes and equipped those. But even between hands to hand axes, I didn't notice an increase in my performance during combat, I felt I still did about the same.

And when you go to buy them, the best info you have is the price. Is a short sword really better than a hand axe? I don't know, but it costs more, so it must be better, that's all you have to go on. Kind of lame.

I'm sticking with it, just trying to sort it all out.
MightyMouser is offline                         Send a private message to MightyMouser
Old 28-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #55
Aramazon
Abandonia nerd

I got my version through GOG.com and it came with the cluebooks which have item lists in them. It's kind of a spoiler though...but price definitely does include a better weapon. The differences aren't huge at the lower level. Just the difference from 1-4 to 1-5 damage.

But I've been playing for a while now and I've found some nicer items...like a halberd +1 so that's normally 1-12 damage now 2-13.

As for posioning the 25 doesn't even seem so bad, depending on the town you're in it can be as expensive as 100 gold!
Old 29-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #56
MightyMouser

Oh, I see now. Yeah, I just looked through the cluebook supplied here on abandonia. Yeah, that's really nice to have, just to know what weapons and armor are better than others. I didn't bother looking at anything else though. I enjoy drawing the maps myself.

I'll probably buy that pack on gog, I'm sure I'll enjoy a couple of the later ones more than this first one even. I just wanted to see if I liked at all before I bothered. This first one gets better as I play it more and get more comfortable with it. Stuff is still expensive though. Except food, great deal on that.
Old 29-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #57
MikeSol

If you guys are interested, there is a really long playthrough of Might & Magic on Youtube. Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...3C2CB01367C9AD
MikeSol is offline                         Send a private message to MikeSol
Old 27-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #58
art

i wonder if I try to emulate game in virtualbox i might be able to save the game state using "Close -> Save the machine state" option?

Last edited by art; 27-01-2015 at 10:57 AM.
art is offline                         Send a private message to art
Old 28-01-2015, 03:21 AM   #59
art

a little note from a friend
http://www.wuala.com/asmodeus22/Aban...kspellbook.pdf
Old 04-02-2015, 01:31 AM   #60
art

http://www.wuala.com/asmodeus22/Aban...ssorceror.pdf/