Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 20-12-2004, 09:07 PM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know how to retrieve erased data from an VHS tape???
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 20-12-2004, 09:12 PM   #2
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Either rerecord the movie or show, or give up. No other way. Sorry
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 20-12-2004, 09:41 PM   #3
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

The thing is the material on the tape isn't available anywhere!
Those were some scenes from our 3rd school movie (the one we're making now) and one of the kids entrusted with the cammera erased three scenes!
I hope I can film them again, but it would be a lot of bother, so if anyone even thinks it's possible let me know (I'm an optimist, because I remember old DAT tapes and there was always some old data on them).

Why must my boss be such a cheapskate - we still haven't got the digital cammera to make the movie - it would be easyer transfering the data.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 20-12-2004, 09:46 PM   #4
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Wait. This is a digital tape. Hmm. There is a way to do it then. Trying to remember how.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 21-12-2004, 02:08 PM   #5
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

usualy the information can be pieced back together by experts... but its expencive... your choise..
Old 21-12-2004, 03:12 PM   #6
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

There is no way to do this without specialized equipment. The technique you can use is the same as the way you would retrieve information from you HDD that has been erased. You read a little to the top and the bottom of the data stream on the tape and most likely you will find little bits of information that where not erased when the tape was recorded over. But as I said you need specialized equipment for that. A better way would be to find someone else with a copy of the tape and copy that one (if there is one and you can find it).
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 21-12-2004, 04:17 PM   #7
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Thanks Picard. That's what I was afraid off. I'll try at a studio (maybe they'll have the equipmant).
:tnx:
OK - no point in keeping this thread open any more as I doubt there will be a better answer then that.
Closed Thread