Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-04-2007, 01:00 AM   #1
Pilva

First of all, as I´m a forum newbie, I would like to say "hi" to all of you who use this site. k:

Secondly, I was wondering about two games I once played in the past, and could never find them on *ANY" abandonware sites I´ve found (including this one), and *BELIEVE ME*, since I don´t know their title, it´s hard to go through most of them... :wallbash:

The things I could remember from the first game is that it had sort of a "red hand" on the wall, a bright beam of light being fired randomly, and at one point you´ll find an altar and some voice saying "zuul"... :cool:

The second game is an action game, and the first thing you see is a swimming pool. You are at the roof of a small house, and you have to swim below the pool (have to kill the fish, or shark) to go to the dungeons (it´s graphics are sort of "Wolfenstein 3D", and I can´t remember any more.

I would be very appreciated if someone could step forward to help me with the search of these lost games, especially if you could show some screen captures of them, ´cause I have the game images in my head (except their names)...
Pilva is offline                         Send a private message to Pilva
Old 30-04-2007, 08:29 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The first... umm, well... sounds like it might be based off Ghostbusters. (the "zuul" thingy).
Was it a shooter, and adventure game or something else?

The second... well, it's a wild guess... Realms of the Haunting, maybe?

When did you play either of these games? Did they have CGA, EGA, VGA or SVGA graphics (that is important and can narrow down the possibilities really fast)

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-04-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
Pilva

Well, the look alike of both games is very similar to the "Realms of the Haunting" game, and I´ve played them both 7-8 years ago.

The first one I can´t exactly say that it was "Zuul" the sound, but it sure looked like that. One thing I´ve discovered in that game is that when the beam of light is fired, if you run very fast downwards (or upwards) and press the red hand, you´ll get something special (money? Food? Stamina?). And it wasn´t a shooter, ´cause you have noone to shoot to.

The second game, when you pass through the swimming pool (swim underneath), you´ll get to a small dungeon, and see some skeletons in bird cages, and in chains (just imagine a skeleton sat in a big bird´s cage, with both legs out) :blink: . If you try to watch them from the sides (or from behind), the graphics won´t let it happen (just as Wolfenstein 3D). This one is definitely a shooter game.

Both games only run in VGA, and possibly (but not necessarly in SVGA).

Thank you so far, and for your quick answer! k:
Old 04-07-2007, 11:57 PM   #4
Pilva

...Anyone?...
Old 05-07-2007, 10:48 AM   #5
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

All that is really vague...

Try to give more info.

I thought of R.O.T.T. - Rise of the Triad.