Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-07-2011, 02:31 AM   #1011
allthumbs
Forum hobbit

my mounts are 8 posts above - thanks
as I said, I don't know if I should use them and then the new commands, or just the new commands? I tried both without success. I would like a foolproof - from scratch way to do this. I can disregard all my mounts without care. Thank you Horseman!

here they are again

mount c "c:\users\andy\oldgames"
mount d "e:\" -t cdrom
c:

Last edited by allthumbs; 11-07-2011 at 02:57 AM.
allthumbs is offline                         Send a private message to allthumbs
Old 11-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #1012
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You don't have to throw the old configuration out at all. Assuming you put the game in "lolcd" under "oldgames":
mount d: "c:\users\andy\oldgames\lolcd\cd\" -t cdrom -label LOL_CD
mount c: "c:\users\andy\oldgames\lolcd\"
#mount c "c:\users\andy\oldgames"
#mount d "e:\" -t cdrom
c:

Adding a # mark at the beginning of a line in the config file turns it into a comment - DOSBox will not execute it unless you remove the #.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #1013
Scatty
Treasure hunter

I'm not sure what you mean with "new commands", it's a bit confusing what you're writing, to be honest.
As for which mount commands - let's say you put the game into a folder named c:\games\lolcd, then:

mount c c:\
mount d e:\ -t cdrom
c:
cd \games\lolcd

It is usually better to simply mount the drive C then to switch manually to necessary folder, as long as you don't begin messing with the files in the root of the C drive. Using parenthesis in mount commands, like you in commands you mentioned further above for mounting, is not necessary. Probably DosBox won't even find the folder you're trying to mount if you do.
You can also permanently set the cputype and amount of cycles in the config file, as well as many other options. All you need to do is to click yourself through Start - DosBox folder - Configuration - Edit Configuration.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 11-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #1014
allthumbs
Forum hobbit

Thank you for being VERY patient! I will try this out tonight after work!

Last edited by allthumbs; 11-07-2011 at 02:28 PM.
allthumbs is offline                         Send a private message to allthumbs
Old 12-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #1015
allthumbs
Forum hobbit

Success! Thank you SO MUCH!!
Old 27-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #1016
LoraBaggage
Default Stupid Lora

Somehow I left the Draracle's cave with Lora (unintentionally visited the Draracle before rescuing her.. no cheating, it's simply the order I did things in) and now I can't get past adding Paulson. Four in the party crashes things. Looks like some others have had this issue.. one person mentioned removing Lora from the party (cannot figure out how to do this), and I can't get back to the Draracle to unload her.

Thoughts?

Old 27-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #1017
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoraBaggage View Post
Thoughts?
not really, i'm kind of stoned
Old 27-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #1018
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoraBaggage View Post
Somehow I left the Draracle's cave with Lora (unintentionally visited the Draracle before rescuing her.. no cheating, it's simply the order I did things in) and now I can't get past adding Paulson. Four in the party crashes things. Looks like some others have had this issue.. one person mentioned removing Lora from the party (cannot figure out how to do this), and I can't get back to the Draracle to unload her.

Thoughts?
You can only remove her from party through hex-editing your save game and knowing where and what to edit, as far as I know. The only other way to make things right again (it sucks I know) is to start a new game and avoid the small cave with Lora after visiting Draracle.
This also shouldn't happen if you play the CD version of Lands of Lore, at least it never did to me. After visitign Draracle either Lora can't be found there anymore, or you can't enter the small cave, don't remember exactly which one it was.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 08-11-2011, 04:42 AM   #1019
Lands of Lore Mike
Default STUCK

I was playing on Level 2 Castle Cimmeria and put a statue in a niche location 5 in the map at this website. http://ethereallore.envy.nu/1map.html

The niche accepted the statue and I deleted my old save games. Am I screwed? Is there a way to get the statue back?

Old 22-11-2011, 09:31 PM   #1020
jamotide
Forum hobbit

Gave this game a try and must say I am not that impressed. But it does seem to be ahead of its time in terms of great presentation and low substance, you know like all the "RPGs" (really action adventures) today.
The graphics are great, interface is good and they have Captain Picard as voice actor! But there is little RPG value here, I'd say its mostly a very linear adventure with some values and items. Plus the fights are extremely boring, magic attack 4, rest, magic attack 4, rest...
Blaatman is right, Michael is a great Magic Char, after 20 fights or so when he got magic 2 he was a one man army.
I am now in the white tower and don't think I'll keep playing, its not much fun.
jamotide is offline                         Send a private message to jamotide