Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-07-2005, 04:44 AM   #1
Mad_Dog

Hi i have been visiting abandonia for a couple of years now..I love the site and i love free games..which leads me onto my topic really...Some of you out there will have played steel panthers and steel panthers main battle tank in their time...In fact Abandonia hosts the original steel panthers game.....The game code was given over to the SPCAMO group in 1999 and they have continued to develope both games way beyond the limitations of the originals with much better graphics ,many new vehicles weapons systems and much better game play...There is a very active community over at shrapnel games and opponents can play by e-mail...The Steel panthers Main Battle tank version has now been ported over to windows(people dont seem to like mucking around with dos..dunno why myself) and is looking very good...There is also an enhanced CD version that can be bought(with higher resolutions and a few other features) but the basic game (limited to 800x600 res)is free with NO limitations on gameplay...I am not trying to sell this game,i am but an enthusiastic member of the community who believes that more people should play this great game, and as i say it is free!!Anyone interested can use the link to get to the shrapnel games website where they can download the free game from their own server or from fileshack(dont use the gamershell link as it seems to be corrupted) Cheers Abandonia for hosting a very professional and fun site...keep up the good work....best regards MD

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/SPCamo/wSPMBT/6.htm
Mad_Dog is offline                         Send a private message to Mad_Dog
Old 01-07-2005, 10:29 AM   #2
Mad_Dog

Forgot to add that there is still the old DOS version of Steel Panthers world war 2(ver 6.0) to be had from the shrapnel games website but this too is in the process of being ported to windows..it is also a much updated version of the original.Both games come with a very extensive help manual...the games themselves are easy to get into but you always learn something new(especially when you are getting your arse kicked)Any questions regarding difficulties or anything etc can be asked on the shrapnel games forum...Pls feel free to comment on this or the shrapnel games forum about your experiences with the game....Cheers MD k:
Old 02-07-2005, 09:47 AM   #3
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

On which Steel Panthers is it based on? Are tanks in 1s or more units? I always prefered SPIII that you could have more than one tank in a unit.
After a quick search it looks I have a spmbt v2.0 Is it the same version as the above? The link doesn't give any info on that and I don't remember the game at all.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 02-07-2005, 04:39 PM   #4
Mad_Dog

the game is based on the original steel panthers 2 version ie single unit format..you say that you have spmbt v2, well the game has moved on from there greatly with new improved graphics especially terrain and building types as well as improved AI and new weapons systems..I myself hated the steel panthers 3 format but we all have differing opinions..still its well worth a download to see if you like the new version...kindest regards MD