Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-03-2005, 12:28 AM   #21
Harleqwyn

Quote:
Originally posted by JackBlack@Mar 4 2005, 01:06 PM
I unfortunatly threw out this game when my first computer died, but I downloaded it and I'm adding another year to my time k: . But does anyone know where to get the orignal scenario disks from? I hate having to start all over once you beat it, and the disks would let you reset the game, but you could keep everyone in your party with all their experiance and skills.
If no one else will oblige, I suppose I can. How do you propose I send the files to you? YouSendIt?

Old 05-03-2005, 03:36 AM   #22
Coladain

Ok, silly question, but is there any way to re-start without re-installing?

Thanks!
Coladain is offline                         Send a private message to Coladain
Old 05-03-2005, 03:37 AM   #23
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

I assume dismissing all your partymembers and creating new ones would do the trick.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 05-03-2005, 03:51 AM   #24
Coladain

Heh, if only I could... I am currently stuck on a stage in Quartz.. The patrons of the bar throw stuff at me whenever I try anything and they want me to entertain them.. /sigh

Coladain is offline                         Send a private message to Coladain
Old 05-03-2005, 03:57 AM   #25
Harleqwyn

Quote:
Originally posted by Coladain@Mar 5 2005, 04:51 AM
Heh, if only I could... I am currently stuck on a stage in Quartz.. The patrons of the bar throw stuff at me whenever I try anything and they want me to entertain them.. /sigh
Try any of these skills: knife fight, knife throw, sleight of hand, acrobat. If these fail, there must be another skill which will work, or even your attributes... Remember to press 'space' for direction.

Old 05-03-2005, 01:10 PM   #26
JackBlack

Harleqwyn you just joined my top 10 list of favorite people . I thought I would never find them. Yousendit would be just fine.
JackBlack is offline                         Send a private message to JackBlack
Old 05-03-2005, 11:34 PM   #27
Harleqwyn

Quote:
Originally posted by JackBlack@Mar 5 2005, 02:10 PM
Harleqwyn you just joined my top 10 list of favorite people * * .* I thought I would never find them.* Yousendit would be just fine.* Mail it to BlackAcey@yahoo.com and I will be forever in your debt.* Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!
Sure thing

Actually I wonder if this sort of sharing is cool with the mods... but since it's on Yousendit, would Abandonia like to have the master files as well? If so, please do. Then it is possible to restart the game with the old characters (plus other options). Just ensure that the old game files are in the directory 'C:\Wastelan' before running the masters.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:36 PM   #28
Harleqwyn

Gah. Here's the link:

http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3694CTA...7B0R3JZ95RL259E

Old 06-03-2005, 12:05 AM   #29
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

I played this game about 2 times over when it came out (maybe two years later) because it was fun, and I died alot. (Ah, mutated rats.)
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 06-03-2005, 01:09 AM   #30
Benjy

Wow. I'm amazed to learn that thanks to the miracles of modern technologies I can relive the frustrations of my childhood. I remember buying this game out of the bargain bin of Electronics Boutique (where all of the games for my totally rockin' Apple 2E as well as many other already outdated in 1993 video games came from) and getting absolutely nowhere. Maybe I was just a particularly dumb child (not at all hard to imagine, between my failure at zork and my special ed math class), but I have very vivid memories of spending hours on this game watching my characters slowly die off after failing to gain any skills or gold, wandering aimlessly in the desert being attacked by mutant rats. Now if they could just make some sort of computer simulation of removing my first bra and sitting on the bench in little league my childhood would be virtually complete.